Cloud Security Architect - #19503300
SHIFT: Day Job
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions
Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Cloud Security Architect has a solid background in Enterprise policy and security, with the ability to strategically translate on-premises security requirements to an elastic Cloud environment, demonstrating a strong understanding of the integrations required. The ideal candidate will have significant experience providing guidance to Executives on decisions relating to Enterprise Cloud solutions that adhere to best security practices while promoting operational excellence and performance efficiency. The Executive Security Architect will ensure proper documentation is in place at every level as well as contribute to high-level, strategic technical recommendations. Additional tasks could include the development and presentation of clear artifacts depicting gaps and corresponding security solutions to Enterprise executives. This position will also entail mentoring other teams and providing SME-level guidance, clearly communicating technical requirements to the implementation teams and supporting the effort to secure Anthem's resources across the AWS Cloud environment among all Anthem personnel.
Essential duties can include but are not limited to:
- Participates with Enterprise executives to establish strategic plans and objectives, and regularly contributes to technical recommendations.
- Communicates clearly with all constituents, and serves as a mentor and SME.
- Collaborates across multiple teams to strategically translate on-premises security requirements to an elastic Cloud environment.
- Collaborates across multiple teams to achieve secure and efficient Cloud / on-premises integrations, and aligns activities to achieve the future state capabilities.
- Provides guidance on Enterprise Cloud solutions that adhere to best security practices while promoting operational excellence and performance efficiency.
- Provides high-quality documentation of processes and guidelines, developing artifacts that depict the security gaps and corresponding recommendations for security solutions.
- Analyzes detailed design components as well as high-level architectural blueprints, contributing to decisions on application Cloud readiness based on Anthem policy guidelines.
- Defines, communicates and drives security controls matrix design and implementation, and monitors compliance to Enterprise-level security standards.
- Designs, analyzes, and implements testing plans to ensure security guardrails cannot be compromised.
- Ensures automated security validation and event-driven automation.
- Represents Cloud security support in significant projects and performs the most complex operations and administration tasks.
- Leads Level 3 and 4 incident recoveries and root cause analysis.
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on targeted or continuous assessment.
- Leads development of an information security risk management program that includes business, regulatory, industry practices and technical environment considerations.
- Responsible for the selection and delivery of strategic network security, access control and secure transaction/messaging solutions.
- Establishes strategic vendor relationships for security products and services; develops enterprise-wide security incident response plans and strategies that includes Integration with business, compliance, privacy, and legal constituents and requirements.
- 8-10+ years' of experience in Information Security-focused efforts, with demonstrated ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions while complying with Enterprise policies.
- Experience participating with Enterprise executives to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with all constituents, serving as a mentor and SME.
- Knowledge or experience in translating on-premises security requirements to an elastic Cloud environment.
- Experience in analyzing both detailed design components and high-level architectural blueprints, ensuring compliance with Enterprise policy and guidelines.
- Experience in designing, communicating, and driving security controls matrix that complies with Enterprise-level security standards.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and implementing testing plans to ensure security guardrails cannot be compromised.
- Experience with automated security validation and event-driven automation.
- Clear understanding of overall systems architecture and how to leverage specific components.
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure environments and the challenges associated with Enterprise integration, with demonstrated ability to grasp and contribute to big-picture strategy.
- Experience in hands-on roles, with a focus on operational and security-focused tasks.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering) or any combination of education and experience that provides an equivalent background.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Cloud Security–related certifications (AWS Professional or Advanced certifications preferred).
- Experience with analyzing and securing Big Data prior to Cloud migration.
- Understanding of legal / regulatory requirements such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST, FISMA, etc.
- Experience in programmatic integration with ticketing and asset management systems.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Anthem cloud security experience is strongly preferred or other healthcare/government related environment (Finance industry).
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran