Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services - Financial Crime Compliance - Service Delivery Senior Analyst - #19503314
Ernst & Young LLP
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ("FSO") that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. This practice also has several Service Delivery Centers that are made up of high-performing US-based resources who work closely with our experienced client serving professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based Financial Services clients. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
Play a key role in defining the evolution of financial crimes compliance while helping financial institutions combat global illicit finance. Join our industry-defining team focused on anti-money laundering and a broad range of financial crimes matters. We use unparalleled insights into financial crimes issues to rebuild compliance programs, implement critical enhancements, and respond to regulatory attention.
Your Key Responsibilities
Reviewing work of other team members with diverse backgrounds to ensure completed according to financial crimes compliance policies and procedures. Driving high quality work products within expected timeframes and budget. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Review and assess negative trends in due diligence reviews and team with leadership to develop and implement possible solutions. Bring strong attention to detail and judgement skills to ensure work is complete and accurate and to escalate to leadership when appropriate.
Skills and attributes for success
Delivering client requirements in a regulatory driven environment, process improvements, and understanding operationally complex Know Your Customer and transaction monitoring engagements, among other financial crimes compliance-related responsibilities. Developing relationships with team members across all teams.
To qualify for the role you must have
- About 4 years of work experience related to operational management in the financial services industry; 2 years of which is AML/Financial Crimes related
- A degree in business or related discipline
- Analytical skills, especially those related to understanding money laundering trends and other financial crimes.
- Strong proven communication skills demonstrated through effective writing and presentations to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Effective teaming, project management, and organizational skills.
- An understanding of financial products and services, include those related to depository institutions, wholesale banking, insurance, asset management, securities, financial technology or private equity.
- An interest in working in an environment which encourages continuous learning, development and identification of opportunities for improvement of individual and team performance.
- A willingness to travel on an exception basis, less than 5%, for client needs.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience related to payment operations, including processing of real-time settlement networks, and/or experience with transaction monitoring, Know Your Customer, or sanctions screening technology systems.
- Experience overseeing the work of junior team members including coaching and mentoring experience
What we look for
You should be flexible and able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including delivery of exceptional quality work to our clients and mentoring to team members, you'll be a self-starter, motivated, and will value sharing best practices in executing the work across a variety of anti-money laundering and financial crimes related topics.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- We are committed to providing meaningful on-the-job coaching and training to further bolster your skills and growth
- Opportunity to continue to create marketable, desired skills and progress your career
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.