Member Solutions Specialist III - #19503316
Ent Federal Credit Union
To collect past due consumer loans to minimize Ent's exposure to risk and loss and ensure maximum return to its members by following Collection Department policies and procedures as well as adherence to State and Federal Laws.
Furthermore, the Member Solutions Specialist is responsible for making timely collection calls per performance standards in a professional and non-aggressive manner to correct the pattern of delinquency for our members.
This position will work with delinquent consumer loans and negative share accounts not only to collect the past due payments, and encourage deposits but also explore pre-determined ways to help our members through loan modifications, deferments, Stipulation Agreements , referral to Green Path or credit counseling and payment arrangements.
At this level, this position is looked to as a subject matter expert / team lead and assists the Supervisor of Collections by being the first point of contact for Member Solutions Specialist I / II regarding procedural questions, providing clarification on guidelines, and assisting with complex / escalated member interactions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Consultative collection role by placing outbound calls to members, co-borrowers and joints, utilizing various resources and by negotiating payment arrangements, negotiating payment options (i.e. automatic transfers / bill pay / payment by phone etc.).
- Facilitate Collateral Protection Insurance and posting issue resolutions.
- Interview members by phone, to determine financial hardships, find resolutions, and present payment options
- Interview members by phone, to determine financial hardships, reason for delinquency, reason for negative share balance, and find resolutions.
Act in Team Lead / Subject Matter expert capacity for Member Solutions Specialist (MSS) team. Assist team members with clarification of complex collections issues as first line of escalation (if available) prior to escalating issues to a Supervisor.
- May recommend to Supervisor areas of needing training for department based on types of situations presented for clarification by staff.
- Provide support to co-workers.
- Charge Off Negative shares at correct timeline
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Formal Education Required for this Position:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of "Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2+ years' of accounting experience" could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master's Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
4+ years' combined customer service, collections, employee management, or training experience to include at least:
2+ years' consultative financial services collections experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
- Strong professional, diplomatic, and courteous communication skills are of critical importance with an emphasis on the ability to confront others in a calm and diplomatic manner without invoking significant stress or inflaming already hostile situations.
- Strong knowledge of collection techniques, strong financial insight, and excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of all transactions is of critical importance.
- Proficient in basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) as well as basic loan interest calculations.
- Comprehensive product knowledge related to ATM, Debit, Shares, and Draft processes.
- Strong understanding of and the ability to explain to members payment methods, loan products, underwriting, share accounts, depository processes & procedures, charge off processes & procedures, and credit implications.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of, and the ability to quickly learn and retain new information relevant to, collection law, bankruptcy law, and credit reporting including, but not limited to:
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Fact Act
- Gramm Leach, Bliley
- State and Federal Collection Law
- Strong creativity, analysis, and problem solving with the ability to quickly identify, monitor and react to trends as applied to individual situations within relevant laws and guidelines..
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and web based transactional systems to complete day to day member requests.
- (Preferred) Able to use 10-Key by touch.
- None required
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to professionally address and de-escalate Members who may be upset, discourteous, or otherwise unhappy towards the credit union. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Starting salary is at $19.73
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.