Assistant Diesel Technician - #19503324
Schneider is seeking an Assistant Diesel Technician to join our thriving team! Our Assistant Diesel Technicians perform preventative maintenance, component replacements and troubleshoot on Schneider's fleet of trailers and trucks. In this role, you will complete routine work such as tire changing, minor electrical repairs and minor accident repairs. You will also have some non-technical tasks such as cleaning duties, routine parts stocking, inventory counting and local parts pick-ups. You will have the opportunity to use your on the job training to further advance and drive your career within Schneider!
About the Role:
Utilize the computer system (M5) to accurately build, track, and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours) and charging out parts
Drive the forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed
Advise other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates
- Provide input into process improvements to advance a LEAN/5S environment
As an Associate you will enjoy:
Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
A competitive hourly wage paid weekly, plus shift pay of $1.50/hour for off-shift hours plus an additional $0.65/hour for weekend work
Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation & adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience or Associate degree preferred-Diesel Technology, Automotive, Electrical, and Welding
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective written and verbal communication along with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Skills with windows based computer systems preferred
- Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools)
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one truck and a dream. Since then, Schneider has been safely delivering superior customer experiences and has grown to become a multi-billion dollar leader offering one of the broadest service portfolios in the industry. Schneider's development and use of cutting edge technology is revolutionizing the industry. Always delivering, always ahead.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.comxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst.
Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.