Stationary Engineer - #19503328
Ideal candidate will have Building Automation System (BAS) competencies – either Siemens or Tridium, however any exposure to a BAS system is a plus.
The primary purpose of the Stationary Engineer position is to provide skilled operation of the South Campus Research steam generation and chilled water production equipment within the parameters set by Facilities Management, manufacturers' specifications, and various safety codes. With minimal supervision and considerable latitude for independent decision making, operates and maintains with optimal efficiency all the equipment in the South Campus Research utilities plant in conformance with the policies and directions of Facilities Management and UTMDACC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs preventative maintenance, correctives and inspections on electric/steam boilers, chillers, cooling towers and associated pumps. Start up, coordinate equipment run scenarios, and monitor/troubleshoot chillers, towers and boilers via BAS system. Perform chemistry analysis, make necessary adjustments, data gathering and condition assessments on cooling tower, chilled water and boiler feed water. Perform testing, chemical treatment and preventative maintenance/correctives for Public Drinking Water System and associate assets. Cleans and maintains all equipment and work areas.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Ensure Proper Operation of Equipment: Assist in General Housekeeping of Plant Work Areas
- As assigned, efficiently operate HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water equipment in accordance with policies and directives of Facilities Management and/or its subdivisions. •Ensure HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water equipment is operating efficiently in response to building load and external atmospheric conditions. •Keep current operating logs, etc. •Remove all trash and work-related debris in a timely manner and is properly disposed of to ensure orderliness and cleanliness is maintained. •Ensure potentially hazardous materials are properly stowed and/or appropriately removed from plant in a prompt manner.
Perform Routine Maintenance on HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water Equipment
- Ensure reliability and respond as needed to correct minor operating
aberrations. •Record and log numerous temperatures, steam pressures and vacuum pressures as designated by Utilities Supervisor within the South Campus Complex. •Keep all equipment in a state of operational readiness.
- Routine PM's are completed as per schedule.
Maintain HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water Systems
- Each shift will take samples, analyze, and adjust HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water chemistry to conform to recommended specifications. •Record and log all Building and Boiler Gas Meters along with city water meter, make-up
and blow down water meters for cooling towers, city main feeds and well water feed. •Confirm all HVAC, Steam Generation and Chilled Water systems are stable and within specified ranges. •Ensure water testing equipment and supplies are readily available. •Verify all water treatment related equipment is functional.
Respond to campus client equipment needs
- Responds to campus client equipment critical alarms, facility alarms and fire alarms. •Monitors client's nitrogen freezers and refrigerators for any possible problems or failures. •Assist other Technicians in the performance of routine maintenance on Facility and client request.
Observe and Understand the requirements for Emergency Response •Responds to Campus Emergencies, Utilities failure, Severe Weather Emergencies and any Adverse or Emergency conditions. •Review the Facilities Management Essential Personnel Policy. •Review the Inclement Weather/Adverse or Emergency Conditions Policy. •Review the M.D. Anderson Hurricane Plan of the Institution and Facilities Services. •As assigned, perform the duties required as a member of the Hurricane Ride Out Team or the Recovery Team.
Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent. Four years of experience working with boiler systems, chiller/cooling towers, and/or water treatment systems in a large central physical plant.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Four years of experience working with boiler systems, chiller/cooling towers, and/or water treatment systems in a large central physical plant.
First or Second Grade Stationary Engineer, TDL (driver's license) in good standing.
Preferred: HVAC experience, Centrifugal Chiller experience. HVAC License.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.htmlxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
- Requisition ID: 136670
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 56,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 67,200
- Science Jobs: No