Sr Security Risk Analyst - #19503339
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Develops and executes critical aspects of the Enterprise Security Risk Management function. Performs Security Risk Assessments to identify vendor/third party, new initiatives/project risk, and recommends controls and cost-effective approaches to minimize the organization's risks effects. Partners with the business and technology teams to facilitate risk treatment of identified findings and risks.
- Performs Security Risk Assessments to identify vendor/third party, new initiatives/project risk, and recommends controls ensuring alignment with appropriate standards and frameworks. Engages with other departments to sustain, improve, and streamline processes with a primary focus on safety, security, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to perform risk analysis, document findings and facilitate risk treatment of identified findings and risks.
- Creates, reviews and maintains Standards & Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation.
- Assesses and communicates information regarding business risks with functions across the organization. Builds and maintains relationships with business partners, including understanding their specific risk landscape. Uses professional knowledge, skills, and experience to influence and guide, monitor, and credibly challenge business areas as they manage risk and make risk decisions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a concentration in computer science, technology, or business, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in security (physical or cyber).
- One year of working in Information Technology, may substitute for up to 1 year experience in a security function.
- Two years of experience with risk assessments, audit or control testing.
- Experience and expertise in security and lifecycle management, auditing methodology, and technology risk assessments.
- Self-starter and able to work independently; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives.
- Ability to document and communicate risks and controls succinctly to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to influence peers and management; ability to team cross-functionally and form relationships to achieve objectives.
- Solid understanding of information security policies, standards, industry best practices, and frameworks.
- Strong business acumen with the proven ability to bridge the gap between business and technology.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 56130:Cyber Security || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 25907
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com