Plant Services / Sanitation CIP - #19503345
Department: MFG Plant Services and Sanitation
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: MFG Plant Operations Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the cleanliness of the facility, machinery, plant exterior and general asset maintenance tasks. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Participate in inspections and zone audits.
- Operate all Clean In Place (CIP) and Clean Out of Place (COP) systems as necessary.
- Operate material handling and lift equipment.
- Clean all equipment in a proper and timely manner to ensure safe, quality products.
- Clean machinery, facility structures (racking, windows, walls) and exterior of plant.
- Perform all aspects of manual cleaning of production equipment.
- Perform specific asset maintenance tasks with respect to inspecting and lubricating equipment.
- Proficiently tear down and reassemble equipment.
- Ensure all chemicals, buckets and pumps are properly tagged per safety requirements.
- Check and record chemical concentrations.
- Complete routine paperwork and data entry as required in sanitation and maintenance systems.
- Record information on master sanitation documentation sheets.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong attention to detail, with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
- Ability to work from heights
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Overnight
States: Oregon; Washington
Keywords: sanitor, sanitation, janitor, industrial
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing: Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Clackamas || 16253 SE 122nd Ave. || 97015 || Clackamas Bakery || None || Manufacturing || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None