Digital Product Operations Analyst - #19503349
Join a core team within an established market leader to turbo charge product and growth initiatives within the organization. To maintain our top position in the payments industry, it is vital to attract extraordinary individuals - individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven to solve business problems.
The Digital Product Operations Analyst will assist in the build out and day to day management of key product management processes for FLEETCOR'S digital products. The analyst will build project plans and manage the launch of digital product releases, ensuring all stakeholders and their launch related tasks are represented in the product launch plan. Develop and report on key user adoption and usage data. Manage the demand intake and governance process. Manage key product deliverables like demand prioritization reports, roadmaps, launch plans and various other reporting and communications deliverables. The person for this role with be a self-starter with analytical capabilities and creative problem-solving ability.
- Assist in the build out, launch and day to day management of key product management processes for FLEETCOR'S new digital platform.
- Work with internal and external customers to gather product feedback to identify product gaps and areas of improvement
- Organization and on-going management of roadmap planning process
- Manage the demand intake and governance process. Administrate intake scoring process – justification, strategic alignment, prioritization and roadmap governance.
- Support Product Management leadership in identifying new opportunities to increase product sales and customer adoption using product and user data/analytics
- Work closely with marketing on adoption promotion campaigns
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop project plans and manage the launch of digital product releases
- Ensure all stakeholders and their launch related tasks are represented in the product launch plan.
- Manage key product deliverables like executive statuses, demand prioritization reports, roadmaps, launch plans and various other reporting and communications deliverables.
- 1+ years' Product, Marketing, or Strategy experience
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, business, marketing with outstanding academic performance
- Excellent project management skills; demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects with limited management oversight, including timelines, tasks, teams, group dynamics, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to perform analyses and draw insights from data
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with project management tools (Microsoft Project, Wrike, etc.) a plus, but not required
- Financial Services, credit card, or payments industry experience a plus, but not required
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework experience a plus, but not required.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. ("FLEETCOR") is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2019)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor's product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World's Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR's mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various "beyond" initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can "buy more stuff" without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other "on the go" purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products' appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person's unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to "make the difference" at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR's culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide "a better way to pay."
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR's COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact your local Human Resources Business Partner and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity and pay transparency, please click the following links: EEO and Pay Transparency.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA