NP/PA Physical Assessments Lifestyle Centers - Las Vegas, NV - #19503379
UnitedHealth Group Inc.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
We seek an ANCC or AANP certified Nurse Practitioner or NCCPA certified Physician Assistant to join our Lifestyle Center team. As an NP-PA within our Senior Center, you will have an important role in educating senior patients on preventive measures to keep them healthy. Work schedules are M-F with no weekend.
- Travel to medical offices
- Conduct physical assessments on seniors
- Evaluate level of wellness for seniors
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Certified Advanced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant (ANCC, AANP or NCCPA)
- Active APRN or PA-C unrestricted License in Nevada, or ability to obtain
- 1+ years of documented clinical practice experience either in primary care, retail, emergency medicine or urgent care settings, or new Geriatric Nurse Practitioner graduate
- Ability to communicate with patients, primary care team members and management staff
- Ability to make care decisions based on best medical practices without direct supervision or guidance by a physician
- Basic technical proficiency in the use of computer programs for medical records or internet search for clinical practice
- Advanced assessment and treatment plan implementation skills
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Geriatric care experience
- Knowledge of mental health issues
- Familiarity with Medicare and ICD-10 coding
- DEA License
- Familiarity with RAF/HEDIS
- Managed care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.