General Manager - #19503397
The role of the General Manager is to develop people and build prosperity. The General Manager is the leader in the restaurant, acting as a coach, and providing a restaurant environment that is focused on integrity, honesty and pride. The General Manager provides resources, training and development, and utilizes a systematic and principle-centered management approach to maximize restaurant-operating results, to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Promise. Effective performance for the General Manager is a balance of combined results, utilizing Gold Standard measurements.
- Is a customer facing manager, with most time spent engaging with customers in the Front of House (not BOH)
- Models performance standards in all Zones; primary responsibility is to direct and coach, secondary responsibility is to assist.
- Ensures staffing levels are optimal during all volume periods; acts in a timely and decisive manner to adjust staffing for business volume changes.
- Effectively controls cash and assets, and ensures adherence to cash handling policies.
- Engages the local community; builds strong relationships that result in partnerships within the community, win-win opportunities and sales growth.
- Controls food cost components of waste, prep, weights, portioning, on hand amounts (food orders/buildto/inventory management) and theft during shifts.
- Demonstrates and enforces operating norms such as uniform policies, timeliness, safety procedures, etc.
- Completes assigned shift paperwork; opens and/or closes the restaurant with proper administrative procedures.
- Identifies and removes service barriers; ensures the team delivers all elements of High 5 Service.
- Provides an exceptional work environment / service atmosphere by treating Associates as respected guests.
- Is a problem resolver, remains calm when handling guest complaints and follows correct steps.
- Ensures product quality meets Donatos standards and guest expectations.
- Properly executes, enforces and manages food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures Associates understand and follow the personal hygiene standards required by Donatos and the local Health Department.
- Seeks out and eliminates potential food safety violations and unsafe practices or conditions.
- Ensures the Restaurant Management Team completes training required for promotion to the next level.
- Coaches and counsels the team to achieve restaurant and personal development goals.
- Assists all management in developing and ensures the Development Roadmap process is utilized by all management team members
- Communicates performance standards and expectations to all team members and provides ongoing feedback on progress toward objectives and results.
- Ensures new Associates receive proper training and understand their roles in fulfilling the Mission, Vision and Promise.
- Acts as a positive influence in the community, creating goodwill in our neighborhoods.
- Assumes accountability for P & L results.
- Delegates' responsibility among team members for achieving financial results.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and implements action plans to achieve cost reductions.
- Monitors sales volumes and adjusts projections accurately.
- Conducts Meetings: product rollout, benefits, new restaurant opening, operating systems, etc.
- Promotes and maintains a Family environment that promotes high, positive energy , encourages learning and offers career development
The following education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) are required to perform in this role:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Internal Candidates must complete required training and development activities within Donatos Training Roadmap, demonstrate ability to impact PFE, SVR and SE standards and effectively utilize Operations Manual.
- Six months (internal) experience preferred
- 1 year in similar role for external candidates preferred
- Must be able to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of this position, meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.