Software Engineering Manager - #19503418
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Mandiant Services Engineering is seeking an experienced technical manager to lead a team of software engineers in building software that helps our security analysts and customers find evil and solve crime. You will lead delivery of solutions on the front line of cybersecurity that keep millions of users safe every day. You will leverage your expertise in software development methodologies and best practices to guide our team to deliver high quality and highly scalable software. You’ll apply those same skills toward identifying technical solutions to roadmap projects, improving team efficiency, and managing the development process. Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release software in an environment where innovation is applauded, continuous integration is a focus, and you contribute to the vision and direction of our success.
What you will do:
- Provide technical leadership and inspiration to a team of software engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor and manage the professional development of team members
- Lead and leverage agile development methodologies and tools
- Work with product managers and engineering leadership on roadmaps, delivery strategies, and timelines
- Collaborate across teams on solutions, best-practices and design patterns
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and improve the technology stack
- Guide technology selections and perform technology evaluations
- Actively participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- 2+ years managing a software engineering team
- 10+ years of overall software development experience
- Experience leading a full stack engineering team
- Hands-on expertise in many technologies, including user interfaces and back end systems
- Experience with AWS technologies like S3, Aurora, and Lambda
- Knowledge of queuing architectures such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Familiar with container solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, and OpenShift
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Puppet, Terraform, and Jenkins
- Track record of building and delivering enterprise or highly scalable software systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks and projects
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with security testing best practices and tools
- Experience with React and Node.js
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.