Python Tools/DevOps Engineer - #19503432
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what's next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
Job ID: 1071780 Date Posted: 12/15/2020 Primary Location: San Jose, California Job Category: Engineering Schedule: Full time Shift: No shift premium (United States of America)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a to join us! In this Python Tools/DevOps Engineering role, you will be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of data engineering products for HCI, Software Defined Storage analytics products of HPE. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about core automation and deliver the best customer experience.
Nimble Storage Predictive Flash Platform delivers Data Velocity by closing the app-data gap. Experience absolute performance, non-stop availability, and cloud-like agility through predictive analytics and a unified flash fabric. Over 8,000 customers have deployed the Predictive Flash Platform as the foundation for on-premise private clouds, SaaS and managed services. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you'll make your mark:
- Collect requirements, design robust automation framework, create tools for internal teams and enhance CI/CD pipeline
- Day to day work will involve analyzing, designing and automating for new features of the product. Contribute to the evolving CI/CD pipeline. This position requires a self-driven individual with very strong technical and communication skills who can collaborate in a team environment.
- Automation Framework Development in Python
- Evolving our continuous integration pipeline function in support of one or more of the products we develop
- Learn newer technologies and enhance existing system to be robust and efficient
- Work in an Agile / SCRUM methodology to organize and execute projects
- Collaborate with Development and QA Engineers to build efficient test automation frameworks and tools
- Passionate in the area of core automation
- Exposure to Cloud Infrastructure & SaaS platform, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Containers with a good understanding on CI/CD pipeline
- Self-motivated who can deliver on tight schedules with minimal supervision
- Strong logical, analytical and problem solving skills
- 5 years of experience in Python automation with Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- Expert coding skill in Python is mandatory and tools development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status