Salesforce Practice Leader - #19503434
Who We Are
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In over 35 markets across the US and around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They're backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020 and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
In our Salesforce business, we help our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life and we do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, recognizing that diverse team members who are celebrated for bringing their authentic selves to their work build solutions that reach more diverse populations in innovative and impactful ways. Our team is comprised of customer strategy experts, Salesforce-certified experts across all Salesforce capabilities, industry experts, organizational and cultural change consultants, and project delivery leaders. As the 3rd largest global Salesforce partner, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals.
Salesforce Practice Leader
The Salesforce Developer works in conjunction with the project Architect to build the technical solution for a client need. Depending on the nature of the project, this role will be required to configure the solution within the Salesforce platform and/or perform custom development and may be called on to assist with activities like scoping and documentation.
Defining Your Success
We would look for you to be comfortable with the following tasks and actions:
- Responsible for the profitability of all Salesforce offerings (revenue and utilization goals), with revenue expectations of $2–5 million per year.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and maturation of Salesforce offerings
- Provides oversight and governance of all sold and managed Salesforce projects
- Drives business development with the proper information, tools, and subject matter expertise to sell engagements within the offering
- Builds and develops relationships with partners like Salesforce and own joint sales pursuits with our partners
- Develops case studies and training materials; conducts brown bags and provides mentorship for Salesforce Practice
- Develops and delivers standard methodologies, delivery templates, and point-of-view papers
- Maintains awareness of industry standard methodologies and business levers for cloud offerings and understands how Slalom practice areas interact
- Coordinates quality assurance of project delivery
- Assigns practice area development tasks when resources are between projects
- Facilitates client satisfaction surveys (where applicable)
- People\Career Management and project staffing for teams of 2–6 consultants
- Supports recruiting and onboarding of new employees
To be successful in this role, we are looking for leaders with:
- 10+ years' experience in a large consulting environment
- Deep technical understanding of cloud based CRM solutions
- Up to date certifications (Force.com Developer, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud etc)
- Exposure to Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies
- Expert at project delivery, including all aspects of program management and the SDLC
- Experienced business development skills, communication (verbal and written) and business operations (e.g., invoicing, SOWs, margins, utilization)
- Skilled at managing multiple clients
- Ability to take on new challenges and work outside of one's comfort zone
- Excellent mentoring and leadership skills
No Unwanted Travel:
Slalom operates under a local consulting model. It is unlikely that travel outside of your local market would be required.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.