University Supervisor - Advanced Program - Monroe, Louisiana - #19503440
University of Phoenix
Are you searching for an amazing position, which offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? Ideally, would you like this position to be with an organization that makes a positive contribution to the world? If so…we would love to hear from you!
The University of Phoenix is a higher education institution founded in 1976 by John Sperling. Our mission is to improve the lives of our students, their families and future generations through higher education. Our values (which, hopefully you share) are: Brave. Honest. Focused.
We have an amazing leadership team that truly cares about our team members and students. We offer effective recognition program, and outstanding learning and development tools, including tuition vouchers for employees and their qualified family members.
About the Position
The candidate who is hired for this part-time position will be required to supervise in Monroe, Louisiana. This is not a virtual or online course. Only candidates that are able to supervise in this specific area/location should apply.
The College of Education is seeking candidates to supervise and evaluate student teachers and/or administrative internship candidates in the field. The University Supervisor serves as a liaison between the education candidate, on-site mentor, and University personnel. University supervisors observe and evaluate local education candidates for effective practices and dispositions toward educational administration and/or K-12 teaching positions. University Supervisors work on a temporary, part-time basis that depends on need and availability in a given local geographical area.
University Supervisors will be compensated for the evaluation and supervision of education candidates with University of Phoenix. Mon-Fri during regular school hours to conduct observations/evaluations. Evenings/weekends to answer questions from the education candidate and cooperating teacher/mentor as well as to offer support/feedback.
What You'll Do
- Supervising student teachers and/or administrative interns on site in schools on an as-needed basis – note, all or part of this supervisory work may be conducted via distance modalities in some circumstances
- Conducting regular observations, interviews, and evaluations of education candidates during placement and discussing observations with the candidates
- Providing written evaluations related to the candidate's performance and posting to designated University platforms
- Ability to travel to specified site locations
- Assigning midterm and final practicum grades, in collaboration with the site mentor
What You Bring to the Table
Master's or terminal degree in an educational field or related discipline with 18 graduate level credits focused in Education.
- Current P-12 professional certification/licensure in supervision and/or administration
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience in P-12 environment, 3 years current applicable classroom, administrative, or pre-service educator preparation experience
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience observing and evaluating teachers and/or administrative interns
- Additional experience or academic preparation may be required, as identified by states or Local Education Agencies (LEA)
About Your Next Step
If you like what you've read, apply for this position today!
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
The University does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities on the basis of sex/gender. Sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking are forms of sex discrimination, which are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and by University policy. Reports of misconduct, questions regarding Title IX, and concerns about noncompliance should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator:
Bridget Beville, JD, Title IX Coordinator
4025 S. Riverpoint Parkway
Mail Stop: CF-K303
Phoenix, AZ 85040
For a complete copy of the University's Equal Opportunity, Harassment and Nondiscrimination Policy and additional information on Title IX, please click the Title IX Information link at the bottom of the page.