Food Service Attendant - #19503453
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Responsible for the timely assembly, final preparation and service of nutritionally-appropriate and attractive meals. Practices appropriate food handling techniques and food safety procedures in all aspects of job. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Assures the necessary food and service equipment / utensils are secured for assigned area prior to meal service.
- Adheres to department procedures regarding the operation of all food service equipment.
- May also perform the following job responsibilities based on Facility/Department requirements:Inventories and stocks bulk supplies, following established procedures and designated timeframes.Patient Service Specific Responsibility: Serves patient meal tray using the designated department script, to include proper patient identification.Bus tables and sanitize tables and chairs.Deliver meals to residents' rooms when requested.Set tables for the following meal according to the Food Service Guidelines Manual.
- Assembles and serves meals according to diet orders, menus and patient / guest specific requirements.
- Maintains food safety and quality as mandated by PA Department of Health/Allegheny County Health Department/PA Department of Welfare (where applicable)
- Adheres to hand hygiene and infection control procedures on a consistent basis when interacting with customers.
- Performs sanitation for assigned work area in accordance with departmental procedures and health department guidelines.
High School Diploma or GED or currently enrolled in high school program preferred; 1 year previous job experience required in lieu of High school diploma/GED preferred.Work permit required if under 18 years old.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Act 34 OAPSA
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran