Service Manager - #19503456
The Service Manager will work with senior leadership to ensure that company objectives are met, and will provide stellar guidance and leadership to all those within their sphere of influence, and consistently adhere to and perpetuate the mission and vision of the company. Some of the duties include: leading a team of people (both non-exempt and exempt level staff), developing strong relationships with our clients and staff. Train and assist field and office staff. The service manager must implement controls over spending and procurement to ensure adherence to the department's budget. Job
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty
- Meeting with technicians and office staff regularly to determine their needs and give them informal and formal feedback
- Review and assess job back log and distribute accordingly
- Daily coordination of Service Technicians and their work activities
- Promotes training of Community Managers and Board Members on gate automation systems and the latest standards and technology
- Contact clients on a regular basis -- in person or on the phone to determine their level of satisfaction with the team and department
- Stay alert to the danger of customers leaving Community Access Systems. Foresee the danger and install an action plan to resolve the issues. Inform the Director of Operations and VP of these situations
- Conduct formal performance evaluations with all subordinate employees as per company policy
- Ensure that all technicians remain current on their training and certifications and that they remain qualified to work
- Act as a resource for the technicians and office team, giving them timely and appropriate advice and guidance.
- Review, input and approve department's payroll.
- Develop the competence of the technicians to ensure industry standards (DASMA, UL325, ASTM F2200) are assessed and met during performed services
- Attend Board meetings as needed for the evaluation of service, current proposals and project updates.
- Assists with the transition or turnover of developer automated access gates to the HOA
- Communicate regularly with the Director of Operations on ideas, areas of concern, etc. to allow for proactive responses with clients.
- Participates in Business Development activities including attendance at local trade shows.
- Networks with vendors to allow for solicitation of new business
- Participates in prospective client meetings as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- High-level of demonstrated leadership skills
- Certified Welder
- Certified Automated Gate Operator Installer Certification, preferred
- Blue prints and electronic schematic designs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- HOA experience preferred
- Previous management experience over personnel required
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have use of a valid driver's license and clean driving records
- Must be able to perform project jab walks with several subcontractors as necessary
- Knowledge of UL325- ASTMF2200 Standards
- Knowledge of fire department standards and regulations related to automated vehicular access gates
- Ability to adequately and efficiently trouble shoot automation systems (TES, Gate Operators, RFID systems, roadway loop systems,)
- Weld with a wire feed and stick welders as deemed necessary
- Troubleshoot low voltage components and know when to contact licensed contractors to further trouble shoot electrical / low voltage systems
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively. Ability to make decisions and solve problems creatively.
- There is a high level of satisfaction amongst clients. This is evidenced by no loss of customers either directly or indirectly because of non-compliance by Community Access Systems staff
- There is evidence of regular contact with each technicians and office staff -- at least weekly
- There are no valid complaints from clients nor staff about their orientation.
- Monthly reports are reviewed and adjustments are made as a result of this report. There is evidence of spot-checks to ensure the validity of these reports.
- There are regular trainings for Board members in this Director's portfolio. There are no valid complaints about lack of learning opportunities
- There is evidence of regular contact with Boards and evidence of actions taken as a result of these contacts
- All performance evaluations are completed according to company timelines and guidelines.
- There is evidence of positive input into complex and controversial issues that the managers are working on
- There is evidence of career-development for subordinate managers and at leave two have been identified and are being prepared to take on more responsibilities
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performance of duties may require employee to be both inside and outside. Inside temperature will be controlled and the use of fluorescent lighting will exist. Outside may require employee to be exposed to the elements, which may include wind, rain, cold and extreme heat.
- Professional indoor office environment
- Full time position. Typical schedule, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. -- 5:00 p.m., unless otherwise specified. Schedule subject to change based on business needs. Some weekend work and possible evenings.
- Must be able to work some evenings to attend meetings.
- Consistent and regular attendance required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit