Pilot Plant Technician - 3rd Shift - #19503473
General Mills, Inc.
The Operations Technician role involves setting up, sanitation and running equipment for trials will be provide support to various platforms with a focus on the Cereal platform. This role will also exhibit strong customer service for various ITQ platforms.
- Safely operates equipment, understands food safety requirements and ability to perform risk assessments
- Basic analytical tests; basic troubleshooting; skill building on basic unit operations
- Agile, ability to flex across teams within a platform as work needs shift
- Equipment Sanitation & Basic equipment set up activities
- Basic technical skills: product, process and/or packaging
Third shift position is scheduled for four days per week, 10 hours per day with the hours being from 10pm - 8am on (Sunday Night) Monday through Thursday.
Training will be completed on 1st shift and then transition over to respective 2nd or 3rd shift at the conclusion of training time.
Actual days of the work week, start times and end times may change based on business needs. This position is considered a flex position in that the employee would provide support to not just the cereal platform but can learn various operations for different business to build breadth of capabilities for future development. With advance notification, the candidate will be required to flex to a different shift or have different hours based on evolving business needs. This candidate may be required to work up to 2 hours of overtime before or after their assigned shift and/or occasionally support 8-12 hours on the weekend.
- High School Degree w/3-5 years of directly relatable experience
- Experience of working in teams to deliver results
- Basic computer/technology skills (Office Suite, other computer programs)
- Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving Skills
- Comfortable in processing (pilot plant or plant) environment
- Comfortable operating equipment
- Good communication skills
- Basic understanding of food safety and human safety
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to a team environment
- Interpersonal ability to build relationships at all levels within the organization to advance your work
- Ability to diagnose and resolve conflicts with others
- Desire to learn new concepts quickly and apply in productive ways
- Ability to influence others
- Leadership within a team and ownership within your work
- Maturity to navigate through stressful situations
- Ability to assess and solve technical/mechanical problems
- Strong self-starter and holds a high regard for quality of work
- 2-Year Degree
- Previous experience in a similar field
- Foodservice & Laboratory experience
- Effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- High efficiency in ways of working
- Passionate around the creation of food, CPG industry, and consumer trends (both food and packaging)
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what's next.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.