Patient Care Coordinator - Float Pool - #19503478
Pacific Medical Centers
Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Patient Care Coordinator (1.0 FTE, Days) to work in Float Pool at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
Works under the general direction of a physician or his/her designee, utilizing communication and management skills to coordinate seamless care delivery for patients in a surgical or non-surgical setting. Will act as a patient advocate to assure the patient's access to health care during their entry into and through the services of the clinic.
In this position you will:
- Act as contact for clinic providers, patient and family, referring physicians, outside agencies, outside staff and general public by providing information regarding the clinic's services
- Act as liaison between the patient and the various clinic areas and ancillary services to coordinate activities involved in pre-operative planning and preparation or planned hospitalization
- Coordinate pre-admission tests, pre-surgery appointments/tests, and procedures as delegated by the provider or nurse
- Ensure a complete medical record is present at the time of patient visit, admission, and/or procedure
- Facilitate the flow of documents between patient, providers and payers
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year experience in medical/healthcare setting or two years in a customer service role
- Experience in providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) experience.
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes 128 primary care and specialty care clinics.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.