RN-Outpatient Surgery - #19503482
UnityPoint Health-Fort Dodge
Monday-Friday 7a-3pm with alternating call shifts
Full Time Benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses and monitors total physiological, psychological, sociocultural, and spiritual needs of infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Develops and maintains with the patient/significant other, an individualized, professionally modified plan of care reflective of changing needs/goals as determined by evaluating the patient/significant other response to the plan of care.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with nursing standards and the infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient's plan of care.
- Assesses and plans for discharge needs, evaluates adult and geriatric patients and significant others educational needs and initiates and implements appropriate teaching protocols or makes appropriate referrals.
- Documents nursing care consistent with documentation guidelines.
- Communicates with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
- Demonstrates positive, professional communication with open dialogue among members of the healthcare team.
- Consistently displays an open, creative attitude toward continual learning.
- Demonstrates respect of patients' confidentiality in all communication.
- Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of nursing unit and maintaining awareness of resource utilization.
- Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/nursing committees and other related activities.
- Demonstrates technical skills proficiently for the comfort and safety of infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrates positive customer relation skills.
- Provides nursing care utilizing a knowledge base and understanding regarding medical necessity.
- Adheres to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates competent use of computer programs as appropriate.
- Demonstrates support of organizational values of caring, integrity, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement, learning and excellence.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to anticipate and prepare for changes within the patient group ( admissions, discharges, transfers, increased patient care needs, etc)
- Maintains strong knowledge of the electronic medical record.
- Consistently integrates all aspects of service excellence into all functions and maintains a service excellence culture and philosophy.
- Demonstrates positive communication and interpersonal relationships when dealing with patients and families.
- Demonstrates collaborative decision making when participatient with other healthcare team members.
- Provides assistance and direction in maintaining excellent working relationship with referring physicians and multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates skill and competence in providing or directing the care of patient of all ages which includes physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Engages in collegial relationships, which support personal and professional growth.
- Utilizes a family centered, patient focused approach to plan, direct and evaluate patient care needs.
- Receive, documents and resolves through personal action or appropriate referral patient/family complaints or problems.
Education: Associate Degree Nursing, Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
Preferred. Refer to BSN Voluntary Agreement if a new hire.
Licensure: Current RN Licensure in State of Iowa or applicable compact state.
Must be licensed in state of residence
Experience: Med-Surg experience preferred
Skills/Abilities: Ability to delegate wisely, exercise good judgment, maintain effective interpersonal relationships, adapt to change, effective verbal and written communication skills, evaluate critically and think creatively. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills required for specialized area of assignment. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care appropriate to infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Must demonstrate effective communication skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills to clearly express ideas. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Certification/Course: Basic Life Support completion required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred. Refer to Job Description Addendum