Social Service Director - #19503489
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Are you a Social Worker or Certified Social Services Designee? Do you enjoy building relationships with others, and are comfortable with a variety of personalities? Do you have excellent communication and listening skills? Are you familiar with your healthcare community and various providers? If so, consider joining Miller's as a Social Service Director.
As the Social Services Director at Miller’s, you are an important part of the leadership team and are responsible for identifying health-related psycho-social needs of the patients. You assist each patient toward a positive emotional and social adjustment to his or her condition. You are a member of the multi-disciplinary team and you develop plans, measure progress, and document in the patient record in accordance with company policy and the State and Federal regulations governing those services.
Apply if you:
· Are a licensed Social Worker or Certified Social Services Designee
· Have good organizational and communication skills.
· Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
· Are professional in appearance and behavior
· Have previous experience in health care (preferred)
· Able to work with a dedicated team
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Complete admission forms in a timely manner, per facility policy and the MDS/Care Plan schedule.
2. Maintain documentation of each resident's social service plan.
3. Counsel with residents, families, and friends on needs and problems.
4. Complete Social Service assessments and Social history on each resident within the designated time frame.
5. Assist in medication monitoring of Psychotropics: Antipsychotics, Anxiolytics, Sedatives/Hypnotics, and Antidepressants. Assist with Behavior tracking, documentation, side effect monitoring and drug reductions in accordance with State and Federal Regulations. to ensure the safety of the residents.
6. Communicate with any hospice providers and coordinate services as needed. Assist & provide support with end of life process.
7. Follow up on any Consultant recommendations.
8. Make each resident's discharge plan available to the Interdisciplinary Team. Discharge plans are maintained with the Health Care Plan. The discharge planning is to be started upon admission.
9. Coordinate resident's medical appointments and meet their needs.
10. Keep informed about community agencies and make referrals for any needs.
11. Complete all electronic inservices as requried.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.