Nocturnist - #19503493
Through People, We Make a Difference
Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Serving residents of San Antonio and the surrounding communities since 1991, North Central Baptist Hospital is a state-of-the-art acute care hospital is one of the newer hospitals in the Baptist Health System, providing state-of-the-art medical care grounded in a tradition of excellence and compassionate care.
- Team with 14 physicians, 2 advanced practitioners, and a clinical performance nurse
- 348-bed community hospital
- Hospitalist runs codes on their own patients
- Open ICU with minimal bedside procedures
What Matters to You
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute™, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians' Path to Partnership™ track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Location & Lifestyle
San Antonio is a place where tradition and cosmopolitan style combine to make a city rich in culture, tradition, and authentic experiences. The San Antonio River Walk features restaurants, boutiques, entertainment, and some of the region's richest historical and cultural sites along the serpentine route of the river. Additionally, picturesque small towns and a variety of outdoor adventures are just a short drive away from downtown San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country. The Government Canyon State Natural Area contains more than 40 miles of hiking and biking trails through rugged canyons, scenic overlooks, spring-fed creeks, and rolling prairies. Here, visitors can enjoy bird watching, wildflowers, and the rich cultural and natural history of the area. Other Hill Country favorites include the Lost Maples State Natural Area, Pedernales Falls State Park, and Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. With a rich cultural and historical legacy, a thriving arts community and plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventures, San Antonio and the nearby Hill Country make for a perfect place to live and work.
Awards and Accolades
- Recognized by The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification for Advanced Primary Stroke Center and for Joint Replacement – Hips & Knees
- Recipient of CARF certification for Inpatient Rehabilitation Centers, Comprehensive Rehab, Amputation Specialty, Stroke Specialty
- Designated as a TDSHS Level III Trauma
- Recognized National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Designated Level IV DSHS Neonatal
- Recipient of Leapfrog A grade