Account Executive - #19503500
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by building collaborative relationships and providing customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms, including television, Internet, mobile and other emerging products.
This in-demand position requires an energetic and strategic entrepreneur who will champion WOI/KCWI in the local market. As an Account Executive, you'll use a consultative selling approach to build relationships with business and you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sell a broad set of solutions from our extensive market-leading portfolio.
We are looking for a creative, solutions-based seller who can develop ideas that produce results for our customers through a multi-platform approach.
The Account Executive specializes in creating new and incremental television and digital revenue. The primary job responsibility involves identifying new prospects and presenting customized multi-platform advertising solutions focused on the customer's return on investment. The Account Executive is also responsible for retaining and growing their developed accounts through insight proposals, proof of performance, and maximizing all station assets. This position offers both a base salary and huge opportunity to grow your income through a rewarding commission structure.
The right candidate will have experience in developing new business, be able to solve local business's problems by utilizing TEGNA'S product suite and be proficient at managing a high volume of weekly sales activity. We are looking for a consultative seller who is focused on results.
In this role, you will:
- Create a strategic business plan with sales management to meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis.
- Prospect and set appointments with businesses we do not currently work with in order to conduct Client Needs Analyses to better understand their unique problems, and the solutions we can propose to solve them.
- Develop advertising solutions for new customers that deliver results to their customers.
- Work target accounts in the pipeline at all times. Replenishes as these accounts emerge.
- Conduct Needs Analyses and account reviews to uncover the customer's most essential needs.
- Possess a deep understanding of local and regional business vertical segments and constantly seeks to learn more.
- Able to demonstrate product knowledge and value to their customers.
- Able to explain the benefits of Digital (SEM, SEO, Social, Display, Email, OTT) and its integration with TV, in tandem with digital personnel.
- Effectively negotiate with customers to meet a winning return on investment.
- Upsell current customers by providing proof of performance and solid results.
- Collaborate with Account Manager to provide timely and accurate traffic instructions; conducts account maintenance including make-goods posts, and aging/collections.
- In collaboration with pre-sales team, create and deliver formal written and verbal presentations to clients.
- Use CRM to manage day to day activity, build a pipeline and ensure execution.
- Use CRM tool for projections, weekly.
- Minimum 2 years business to business sales experience
- Local television sales experience preferred
- Proven sales leader with demonstrated record of sales achievement
- Ability to think and lead strategically
- Proven problem solver
- Effective driver of integrated revenue (Television plus Digital)
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Wide Orbit experience is a plus