Sales Engineer - #19503565
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
As Sales Engineer, your primary focus is to work with clients, prospects and the internal team to analyze business needs and translate business requirements and programming specifications in a form that can easily be understood by all audiences. As a member of the Pre-Sales team, you will be serving as an active contributor in meetings by presenting and leading design sessions by capturing and documenting requirements and action items and document requirements for both internal and external solutions. If you enjoy partnering with Sales teams and C-levels of large organizations to create new solutions and strategies, this might be the role for you!
You are responsible for
- Driving and executing requirement processes on client engagements, new solution and pre-sales initiatives
- Staying on top of the latest techniques being used by our direct competitors, and identifying strategic opportunities for competitive advantages through benchmarking, consumer insight, market analysis, and other techniques
- Designing technical solutions to solve business problems
- Gathering requirements and defining the business need and desired outcome that stakeholders are looking to achieve
- Collaborating with product, project, and development managers to determine required resource needs, product backlog prioritization, championing delivery of feature sets via a design schedule, and working with all customer-facing team members to translate the technical solution into feature / benefit propositions for the marketplace
- Analyzing and modeling requirements through the use of process flows, data flows, and use case diagrams
- Working collaboratively with other SMEs and leaders to develop and promote best practices and user-centered approaches that fit in well with the Diebold Nixdorf culture and needs
- Directing and participating in research and prototype development to validate solutions and new technologies.
- Travel to customer sites for meetings, presentations and architectural sessions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, Master's degree preferred computer science or related
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the financial services industry with a focus on software solutions
- Excellent conceptual and technical understanding of domain of expertise
- Creativity needed to anticipate market trends and needs and identify new solutions to satisfy those needs
- Possess a high level of demonstrated leadership, oral and written communication, presentation, critical thinking and strategic planning skills
- Must be assertive, influential and able to motivate all levels of associates, peers and executive leadership
- Must be adept at team building and collaborating
- Deep knowledge about retail banking industry and related typical business processes
- Experience with a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.com
- Capabilities to work in virtual and international teams
- Strong competence in customer facing environment and the ability to communicate to executives on specific practice from a business perspective
- Ability to identify, structure and articulate solutions both tactically (situational basis) and strategically; with the ability to recognize patterns of needs
- Position will require up to 50% travel
Why should you join Diebold Nixdorf?
Brightest minds + technology and innovation + business transformation The people of Diebold Nixdorf are 23,000+ teammates of diverse talents and expertise in more than 130 countries, harnessing future technologies to deliver personalized, secure consumer experiences that connect people to commerce. Our culture is fueled by our values of collaboration, decisiveness, urgency, willingness to change, and accountability.
To all recruitment agencies: Diebold Nixdorf does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diebold Nixdorf employees or any other organization location. Diebold Nixdorf is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes