GM Field Assistant - #19503588
The GM Field Assistant Supports bookstore merchandise needs in the purchasing process of General Merchandise Course Related Supplies categories. Closely supports buyers and planners and acts as a liaison among stores, vendors, and buying offices.
Prepare and edits purchase orders in the Merchandise Management System (MMS). Resolve issues related to fulfilling orders and follow-up on order status.
- Research vendor and product information for stores including product availability, pricing, discounts, and shipping as received via Store Communication system, phone or email.
- Responds to store request for merchandise and gathers preliminary information including date merchandise is required. Sources products by gathering preliminary specifications from preferred suppliers. Works with buyer(s) to determine need for a new vendor. Researches and interviews potential suppliers to determine suitability to specification requirements.
- Evaluates and conducts analysis of the necessary merchandise requirements -- compares vendors overall ability to supply product, quality of merchandise, minimum orders, packaging, pricing, shipping methods and freight charges, bar coding, digital imagery, lead times, terms and conditions and availability.
- Maintain vendor correspondence and store communications.
- Gather images for eFollett websites.
- Generate reports and Excel spreadsheets.
- Review merchandise artwork and graphics for accuracy.
Associates Degree or higher preferred.
Beginner to intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of excel required.
- 0-3 years retail experience, within a specialty retail environment, in addition to possessing basic merchandising experience.
- A proven track record of getting things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid inter-personal, influencing, communication and organizational skills are required.