Accounting Specialist 2 - #19503617
State of Louisiana
This position is located at Central Louisiana State Hospital in Pineville, Louisiana in the Patient Funds Department.
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION AS A WAE APPOINTMENT.
List all prior employment. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Resumes will not be accepted and should not be attached.
- Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
While we encourage all interested applicants to apply, please be aware that there are various reasons that your application may be disqualified from consideration including, but not limited, to:
- Failure to fully complete the education and work experience sections of the application; (Please note for the education section that the semester area refers to the # of credit HOURS and not the # of semesters you completed)
- Submission of a resume in lieu of the online application. Information on the resume will not substitute and must also be included on the actual job application in order to be considered. You must describe your duties as you will not be qualified based on job title alone. Your Resume will NOT automatically upload your experience/information
- Failure to list complete license information (if applicable to the job position).
- Failure to submit an equivalency evaluation statement for an international degree by the closing of this announcement.
Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 9242 Accounting Paraprofessional Test in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it may result in your application not being considered.
Applicants without a current test score can apply to take the test here.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application, which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities. Applicants are responsible for checking the status of their application to determine where they are in the recruitment process. Further status message information is located under the Information section of the Current Job Opportunities page.
- Resumes WILL NOT be accepted in lieu of completed education and experience sections on your application. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.*
For further information about this vacancy contact:
Shawanda Gordon or Carolyn Norris
(318) 484-6331 or (318) 484-6324
Central Louisiana State Hospital
Pineville, La 71360
Two years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, or numerical computation.
College training will substitute for the required experience on the basis of thirty semester hours for one year of experience.
An Associate Degree in Accounting, Accounting Technology, or Business from an accredited college or university will substitute for the required experience.
Training in a vocational-technical school or military school in Accounting, Accounting Technology, or Business will substitute for up to one year of required experience on the basis of one month of training for one month of experience.
Any college hours or degree must be from a school accredited by one of the following regional accrediting bodies: the Middle States Commission on Higher Education; the New England Commission of Higher Education; the Higher Learning Commission; the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities; the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Function of Work:
To provide limited support of accounting functions.
Level of Work:
Generally from higher-level fiscal or administrative positions.
Location of Work:
May be used by all state agencies.
Differs from Accounting Technician by lack of responsibility for preparation of basic-level financial reports.
Differs from Accounting Specialist 1 in that the duties are more complex in nature.
Examples of Work
Serves as the first level of review and approval of financial transactions relative to collections, refunds, funds disbursement, cost accounting, expenditure control, budgeting, grants management, program analysis, accounts payable, and accounts receivable to ensure accuracy and completeness of calculations, legitimacy of transactions, and proper authorization.
Responsible for posting and journalizing for complex accounts (e.g., grants, contracts and revenue), large or sensitive accounts, and/or a greater variety of accounts.
Confers with the general public, patients, vendors, and employees to obtain information and answer questions on more complex matters.
Verifies calculations to balance receipts and to determine taxes, discounts, deductions, and additional charges.
Makes bank deposits, writes checks, and reconciles bank statement/accounts.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.