Controls Technician - #19503641
Arthur Grand Technologies Inc
Date: Dec 26, 2020
City: Columbia, SC
Contract type: Full time
Position: Controls Technician
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: Long Term Contract
The essential roles and responsibilities are outlined below:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience in diagnosis and repair of building automation and controls systems.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems with ability to test and make modifications in a variety of controls software system languages.
- Responsible for device testing (end-to-end), program downloading, equipment start-up and operations.
- Ability to interpret control drawings, plans and sequence of operations.
- Capable of hardware installation, software programming, diagnosis and repair of DDC systems at customer locations. Must be capable of performing preventive maintenance, modifications and repairs as outlined contractually or at the customer’s request.
- Ability to interface and consult with the customer during site assessments. Ability to recognize and assist with the development of client proposals for retrofits, upgrades or improvements to existing controls systems.
- Ability to represent the company to commercial, industrial and institutional customers.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively documents work performed by completing necessary paperwork on each job to include: entering daily time, detailing scope of service progression, and maintaining an electronic database.
- Maintain customer satisfaction for continual company growth.
- Inventories parts, materials and labor per job.
- Willing to participate in company training and self-study to improve and maintain technical proficiency in program platforms.
- Complies with all company safety policies.
- Other such duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Company from time to time.
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Successful candidate(s) will possess an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with a minimum of five (5) years of controls field experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Preferred programming capabilities may include, but not be limited to: Niagara platform, Johnson Controls, Trane and Honeywell Building Management Systems.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.