Project Engineer - #19503656
Magna International Inc.
The Mechatronics, Mirrors and Lighting group specializes in automotive technologies that are driving the future of mobility. Combining a deep systems knowledge to develop unique vehicle access experiences, intelligent visions systems and advanced automotive lighting technologies, MML's expertise light the path to innovation, safety and styling.
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organizing, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Engineering liaison responsibility between the manufacturing facility and the customer.
- Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assists in or leads aspects of project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Understand your responsibility for health and safety in the workplace. Cooperate with OSHA OSHA inspectors. Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment. Follow all safety rules. Report unsafe conditions immediately. Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately. Will not remove or make ineffective any protective device such as a guard, light curtain, etc. Will not use or operate any machine or equipment that the employee is not trained to operate. Will not use or operate any machine or equipment in a manner that may endanger any employee including themselves.
- Project management skills to lead and manage projects.
- Troubleshooting skills for equipment and processes.
- Engineering skills and Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing to eliminate inefficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, coordinate, integrate internal data, and clearly articulate concepts, ideas, and other issues relating to project engineering.
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity to work on moderate to long-term assignments which are broad in nature. Strong organizational, project management, and leadership skills to prioritize, coordinate projects, manage conflicting needs, and deal with many issues at one time. Must be able to work independently.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts and represent the Company in a professional manner when performing job duties. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to exercise influence at various levels and functions.
- Must be able to operate standard and specialized equipment related to the job. Ability to calculate and analyze data, generate reports, present information, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to research and recommend new products and processes. Must be able to initiate implementation of continuous improvement processes.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.