Hot Deli Clerk 1 - #19503660
Hot Deli Clerks are responsible for preparing and merchandising the store's Deli products ensuring all products are fresh, rotated, and well stocked for customers while providing excellent customer service.
- Answers customers questions on products effectively, and knows how to resource product information.
- Continually builds a rapport with customers and offers suggestions to provide alternatives. Attempts to exceed customer expectations.
- Takes and fills special orders.
- Makes independent decisions concerning merchandising products to ensure the stock level is replenished as needed.
- Merchandises the steam table by following the daily planner and presentation techniques.
- Has a higher level of knowledge of Hot Deli products and trains others on the skills of the department.
- Makes regular department inspections to ensure company standards are being met and follows Company policies and procedures as they relate to the department's operation.
- Practices sanitation procedures and knows procedures for detail cleaning of the department. Maintains safety and sanitation procedures including proper usage of gloves and hairnets.
- Observes the department for conditions that cause shrink and takes action to correct, assists the department manager in ensuring efficiency procedures are being followed consistently.
- Assists the department manager in ensuring all safety and sanitation procedures are being complied with. Takes action to prevent and correct safety hazards.
- Models customer service skills to set an example for department employees.
- Prepares the department for business in the absence of the department manager.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Sweep floors, clean utensils, work tables, wipe counter tops, and front of display cases.
- Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans, drains, and equipment.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Other duties assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Current Food certification is recommended.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
- Occasionally- Sitting, pushing and pulling up to 250 lbs., climbing up to 6 foot height, kneeling, and crouching.
- Frequently- Carrying up to 50 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, balancing, stooping, and reaching waist/overhead level.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, hearing, and smelling.
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally-loud noise, cluttered floor surface, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck, and slippery floor surface.
- Continuously- hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts).
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, heat, and wet/humidity.