Hematology Specialty Sales Representative - San Diego, CA - #19503677
Hematology Specialty Sales Representative - San Diego, CA
CA-San Diego, US
Contract Type: Regular Full-Time
Area: Sales/Sales Operations
Req Id: 170248
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies - develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Hematology Specialty Sales Representative – San Diego
This position offers an exciting opportunity to make an impact on patient's lives! For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma medicines for patients and provides hospitals, pharmacies, and healthcare professionals with the tools, equipment, information, and services they need to help them deliver expert medical care. At Grifols, we are united around a strong sense of pride – operating under the highest standards for quality and safety. We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. We would love for you to consider growing your career with us. If challenging and meaningful work excites you, make a difference and join us in this rewarding enterprise!
- The Hemostasis Specialty Sales Representative (SSR) will be responsible for managing the business within a specific geographical territory in Southern CA, Nevada and Hawaii
- Exact amount of travel required is based on territory customer locations.
- Hematology SSR will sell and promote Alphanate, Alphanine, Thrombate and Albutein to exceed financial objectives within their territory
- This individual will be responsible for detailing Alphanate and Alphanine to the following customers: Hematologists, Hemophilia Treatment Centers, Specialty Pharmacies, Hemophilia Chapters and targeted Hospital Pharmacies across the assigned territory.
- This individual will be responsible for detailing Thrombate III to targeted hospitals that are located across the assigned territory with a focus on the following departments: Hematologists, Operating room, Cardiac Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, Maternal Fetal Medicine and Hospital Pharmacy.
- This individual will be responsible for detailing Albutein 5% and 25% to targeted hospitals that are located across the assigned territory with a focus on the following departments: Operating room, Cardiac Surgeons, Interventional Radiology and Hospital Pharmacy
- The Hematology SSR will report directly to a Regional Sales Director.
- This person will execute on the National sales and marketing strategy and create a territory business plan to maximize opportunity.
- Will work in partnership with home office personnel, the Brand team and the National and Corporate account teams for pull-through of product sales
- SSR will be responsible for running the business by analyzing account and physician sales data and creating territory tactical plans and providing solutions to grow the business
- Use Microsoft applications as well as Grifols customer management system in order to track call activity and sales progress
- Candidate will manage a defined territory travel/expense budget moving toward P/L
- Will maintain Company and Industry Compliance Rules
- Overnight and weekend travel is required and may vary depending on individual territory size, customer locations and business needs
- Bachelor's degree is required, with concentration in life sciences or healthcare field preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, or medical device sales and/or marketing, including at least 2 years of Hospital account sales experience
- SSR must possess in-depth knowledge of the medical industry (Pharmaceutical, Hospital, Specialty Pharmacy, Biologics/Biotech).
- Familiarity with adding products to Hospital Formularies
- Experience calling on Health Care Specialists such as Hematologists, Anesthesiologists, Cardiac Surgeons and Clinical Pharmacy preferred
- Knowledge of coagulation products to treat Thrombophilia, such as Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pulmonary Embolism preferred
- Knowledge of coagulation products to treat Hemophilia preferred
- Documented, consistent, above-average performance in prior sales positions
- Display at least an "achieves" level for the competencies required in the position
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
- Valid driver's license
- Must live in territory
- Exceeding sales goals
- Expert selling skills and product knowledge
- Business/territory management
- Territory administration
- Corporate compliance
- This job description is accurate at the date of publication and may change over time. It is not intended as an exhaustive description of the job. Other duties may be assigned and qualifications required may change. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Grifols is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition or characteristics, disability or veteran's status or any other classification protected by applicable State/Federal laws.
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : CA - South Orange County || NORTH AMERICA : USA : CA-Orange || NORTH AMERICA : USA : CA-San Diego:USHOME - Home Address
Learn more about Grifols