Security Officer (FT) Alice Peck Day, Nights - #19503715
Responsible for the safety and well-being of patients, visitors, staff, and hospital property.
- Patrols all areas of the Medical Center and other Lebanon Campus locations looking for illegal/inappropriate activity and security/safety concerns. Uses watch tour system to document patrol activity. Proactively provides information, assistance and guidance.
- Makes rounds to ensure the safety and security and provide assistance to patents, visitors, staff and guests.
- Responds to, investigates and documents security incidents and completes a thorough Daily Activity report
- Assists Nursing units, clinical care areas, and other departments with uncooperative, combative or violent patients, Uses Crisis Intervention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) techniques.
- Provides patient watch activities to prevent elopement or injury to self/others.
- At the direction of the medical staff, applies restraints, Calls Lebanon Police Departments as situation warrants. Deals with custody disputes and/or domestic disturbances amongst the patients, their families and friends.
- Searches patients, visitors, staff, belongs, equipment and/or property as appropriate.
- Responds to emergencies and code calls. Performs CPR, to include the use of AED's. For medical incidents outside the building, contacts the Lebanon Fire Department for ambulance response.
- Monitors all parking lots for compliance with Medical Center parking regulations. Provides vehicle assistance services.
- Assists with parking space and utilization. Rearranges parking barricades to meet special needs and events. Assists Parking Officers with parking control and assistances.
- Assists DHART with helicopter arrivals and departures. Releases deceased patients and accepts incoming deceased patients.
- Completes all required/requested forms. reports and documents.
- Completes assigned 'CINC' duties
- Responds to duress alarms, other emergency situation and routine dispatch needs.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü High school graduate required.
ü Two years of related experience required.
ü Direct security experience highly preferred.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required in accordance with D-H's Driver Disqualifications Guidelines.
ü Must complete all required training and pass minimal physical requirements within 90 days from date of hire and as required thereafter.