G&A Communications Specialist - #19503717
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
In this role, you will work with the Global Employee Communications Team at Splunk. You will support the Internal Communications Manager for Global and Administrative functions (Includes: HR, Facilities, Operations, Legal, Splunk4Good & Finance) to help increase awareness and engagement related to the company's business strategies, culture and brand. You will post content to Splunk's intranet and help develop impactful internal announcements, presentations and events.
- Identify and develop engaging content to post to the Splunk intranet and refresh the homepage on a weekly basis.
- Help translate culture and brand through in-person as well as virtual events and experiences.
- Program manage our monthly company all hands events
- Program manage our annual .conf communication efforts
- Partner with the Senior Manager, G&A Communications to lead the annual Employee Kickoff Event
- Assist in designing and implementing employee surveys via CultureAmp
Work cross-functionally with the broader communications team to align on communication goals, channel strategy, and messaging, as appropriate.
G&A Communications (HR, Finance, Legal, Facilities, Splunk4Good, Safety, D&I)
- Prepare, proof-read and edit internal communication materials, including presentations, intranet content, newsletters, slack posts and emails.
- Own communications strategy and plans for select G&A functions
- Assist in developing communications strategies and plans for other G&A functions & programs as needed.
- Own and manage functional all hands and town hall events for respective G&A functions.
- Measure and report key communications metrics to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze key communication metrics to make recommendations to improve our employee communication strategies.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing effective communications strategies and/or change management strategies, preferably in a high-growth environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (a background as a writer is a big plus) and impeccable people skills.
- A strong ability to develop cross-functional relationships and work with employees in all functions and at all levels, from interns to executives.
- Proven success playing a consultative role with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of digital communication channels and processes, including Slack, G Suite, and Zoom.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.