BI Analytics Consultant (remote) - #19503724
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they've been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
As the full-time Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics Consultant you will be a thought-leader who is responsible for developing insights that directly influence Thrivent's goals, strategies, plans and results. This is not your traditional BI Analyst position – we need your consultation and mentoring skills! You will proactively work with senior business leaders to suggest or determine topical areas and hypothesis to be evaluated. You are instrumental in providing insights to corporate leaders to make fact-based decisions. As a senior level individual contributor, you will also mentor BI Analysts across the organization.
Interviews will begin in January 2021.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively defines hypothesis and questions to evaluate and analyze based on Thrivent's strategies and goals.
- Lead complex projects and train, mentor, and provide work direction to BI Analysts.
- Collaborates with senior leaders and business process owners to define specific questions and develops plans to deliver meaningful insights.
- Conducts highly sophisticated SQL queries and works with data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to validate and develop analysis and reporting.
- Performs predictive modeling, data mining and analysis projects that inform and support corporate stakeholders. Evaluate and model data utilizing accepted advanced statistical methods.
- Performs investigations to identify, acquire, enhance and develop new data sources, both internal and external, which will improve the enterprise BI environment.
- Identify new ongoing data needs and requirements and champion the establishment of new systems and data in partnership with IT and appropriate business areas.
- Provides clear, concise, and proactive communication through storytelling and explaining complex analyses to non-technical audiences and senior leadership.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in economics, quantitative business analysis, applied mathematics, statistics, management information systems or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years of experience in financial services, research or analytics.
- Prior internal or external consulting experience a plus.
- Significant business acumen working with insurance or investment environments.
- Expert skill in using analytics tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, SPSS, R, Python).
- Expert skill in design and execution of statistical modeling and testing involving linear and non-linear regression techniques.
- Expert skill with relational databases, data warehousing, data mining and OLAP.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Ability to work at both a conceptual and detail level with strong statistical data analysis skills, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Efficient and effective communications skills with key business partners, tailored to client needs and expectations.
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.