Independence Manager - #19503735
The National Office of Risk Management (NORM) supports the implementation of programs, policies, and practices to manage RSM US risk. The independence manager assists with managing risk to the firm and its personnel regarding independence requirements of regulatory bodies including the Securities Exchange Commission, Public Accounting Oversight Board and American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. The position is a member of the National Office of Independence team with support responsibilities for managing compliance with independence policies, including assistance with policy development, engagement specific independence consultations, personal independence considerations, and processes supporting the preceding.
Location is open and relocation is not required.
- Assist with "triaging" incoming requests for guidance in independence matters from engagement personnel; via monitoring mailboxes and other sources
- Develop preliminary guidance with respect to assigned independence consultation matters
- Under the direction and supervision of National Office of Independence senior personnel, manage firm acquisition due diligence processes as they relate to independence matters
- Personal development and independence skill acquisition
- Assist with development and presentation of independence related training
- Assist with development of independence guidance and tools
- Other National Office of Risk Management related projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (required)
- Active CPA license (required)
- Ability to read and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures – required
- Knowledge of SEC, PCAOB and AICPA Independence rules and ability to recognize the potential impact of changes to firm policies, processes and personnel (preferred)
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, in writing to diverse audiences across the firm and to outside professional contacts (required)
- Excellent conflict resolution skills (required)
Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products including familiarity with SharePoint as a document repository (required)
Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend process improvement and efficiency (required)
- Ability to develop and maintain applicable professional and internal contacts, resources and networks (preferred)Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion (required)
- 5-6+ years' experience in public accounting (required), preferably with substantive exposure to independence considerations in professional practice
- Demonstration of an understanding of the impact of regulatory controls on business conditions (required)
- Acts to make things better by making deliberate attempts to add value. Seeks information from supervisor for guidance on consultative approach (required)
- Strong managerial and prioritization skills (required)
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in regulatory environment, industry and the firm (required)
- Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement (required)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the independence team and engagement teams (required)
- Proactive in requesting and providing feedback (required)
- Knows when to escalate issues (required)
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.