Seafood & Meat Associate Team Leader (Assistant Department Manager) - #19503740
Assist the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned. Lead and develop Team Members.
- Set and achieve the highest standards of retail execution.
- Help foster a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Partner with Team Leader to select, train, develop, mentor, motivate and counsel Team Members in a manner that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes turnover.
- Model and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Follow through on all customer questions, requests, and resolve concerns as needed.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency through proper scheduling.
- Work with the Team Leader to achieve sales, margin, expense, and labor targets.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Train Team Members on proper organic standard procedures as they relate to cutting, preparing, displaying and storing meat and seafood products.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge; maintain awareness of new products and regularly incorporate new products into the overall product mix.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building and leadership skills
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Knowledge of different cuts of meat and seafood as well as cooking procedures
- Proper knife handling skills and knowledge of other cutting equipment
- Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory
- Basic to intermediate proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Desired Work Experiences
- Meat Retail
- Seafood Retail
- 1+ year of Leadership experience
- Customer Service Focus
- Store Operations (Inventory, Labor Management, Cost Control)
- Team Oriented
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.