Acquisition & Retention Marketing Director (HEC) - #19503767
Caesars Entertainment Corporation
Reporting to the VP of Online Casino, the Acquisition and Retention Marketing Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the implementation of direct marketing initiatives from initial planning to deployment. Key direct marketing initiatives include CIE direct marketing programs, CZR database acquisition direct marketing programs, CIE direct marketing capability development, reactivation efforts, and direct marketing efficiency and standardization process changes. This person will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tasks are executed efficiently and effectively. This role demands frequent interaction with internal stakeholders across the business (e.g., Creative, Marketing, VIP, Analytics, Customer Service) as well as external platform providers.
In this role, you'll have an impact on the full player lifecycle and will be tasked with improving success rates at every step. The ideal candidate for this position will possess inherent marketing skills, excellent process management skills, a comfort in using and mining large datasets, a passion for gaming, and a commitment to player loyalty. The Acquisition and Retention Marketing Director will operate in a highly collaborative way with the Online Casino and Sports team.
- The Acquisition and Retention Marketing Director oversees all components of day to day operations of the CIE Database Marketing team, including CIE internal direct marketing, CZR -> CIE direct marketing, and external direct marketing. This includes direct mail and email execution, meeting financial goals, vendor relationships and supervising team members.
- Responsible for accuracy and timelines of data in support of Direct Marketing and Special Event offers. Ensures the processes around data manipulation are efficient, accurate and meet the highest levels of data security.
- Run canned queries, as well as write and run ad-hoc queries, against customer database using relational database query software.
- Create and maintain Access databases that import, manipulate, and export customer data.
- Create segmented customer lists for mail, telephone, and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Create offers and matrices for the segmented lists. Use software to specify customer segments, designate coupons, and create final "mail files" for all direct mail, telephone, and e-mail campaigns. Send files to vendors for execution of mail, telephone, and e-mail campaigns.
- Execute players offers that are triggered based on customer behaviors
- Develop and implement testing approach to measure and optimize performance within the direct mail & email channel
- Ensures the overall integrity of customer database information, and offer structure. Maintains compliance with policies and procedures.
- Acts as project manager for CIE key direct marketing capability projects, managing projects from development to full deployment. Serves as a liaison between CIE, Sourcing, and IT to ensure the project runs as efficiently as possible and is on time and on budget.
- Actively contributes to overall marketing strategy, as it pertains to acquisition & retention marketing, including interaction with CIE leaders, Marketing Leaders, Executives, and managerial peers.
Stay current and knowledgeable on global online casino & sportsbook competitive landscape as well as the latest developments in the local market and industry
- Ensure all promotions and campaigns are of the highest standard, drive the desired player behaviors and are always on-brand
Communicate scope and timelines of promotions and campaigns, setting expectations with the Management team and relevant stakeholders.
- Creates annual budget, reconciles operating expenses vs. budget and makes recommendations to improve profitability.
- Prepares and coordinates Performance Appraisal Feedback reviews of any assigned staff, including Development Plans and Action Plans. Assist VP with staff development and retention. Maintain, train and implement all DM department policies and procedures.
- Fully complies with all applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies, and conducts themselves with highest levels of integrity and honesty
- Complies with and upholds company expectations including Code of Commitment, policies, procedures, industry regulations, department goals and business strategy
3 years of experience in marketing and/or experience in database marketing or analytics
Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Strong project management skills and ability manage multiple workflows with varying degrees of difficulty and urgency and ability to present work to executive staff
Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be able to communicate with various levels of departmental, property, and regional Senior Management.
Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical skills, and attention to detail
Strong organizational and time management skills required.
Act as a self-starter, a leader and a team player with the ability to work with people in all levels of the organization
Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Products (Access, Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Ability to think independently in making decisions to maximize efficiencies and throughput
Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment.
Experience with player segmentation tools (e.g. Optimove) a plus
Online gaming experience in casino and / or sports betting a plus
Previous supervisory experience a plus
- The ideal candidate for this position will be a broad thinking individual with a solid background in direct marketing. The candidate should understand in general the various areas that Direct Marketing supports and should have detailed knowledge in certain specific areas such as databases, creative, and email. The candidate must be very well organized, be able to add considerable value in meetings, and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. In addition, the individual should be able to identify creative solutions to questions.