Customer Care Operations Assistant - Denver Animal Protection - #19503784
City of Denver
About Our Job
About the Department of Public Health and Environment
Denver's Department of Public Health and Environment (DDPHE) is dedicated to advancing Denver's environmental and public health goals. DDPHE works collaboratively with city, state and community partners to conduct education, community engagement, and enforcement to promote healthy people, healthy pets, and a sustainable environment. DDPHE oversees a number of services related to public health and the environment and is comprised of seven divisions: the Executive Director's Office; Community & Behavioral Health; Public Health Inspections; Denver Animal Protection; the Office of Medical Examiner; Environmental Quality, and the Office of Sustainability. The Department's programs are funded from many sources, including the General Fund, Environmental Services Enterprise Fund, state grants, federal grants, private grants, contracts, and donations. For more information on DDPHE's programs and services, visit the DDPHE website at: http://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/environmental-health.html
About Denver Animal Protection
Denver Animal Protection (DAP) provides animal care and protection services for all of Denver County. We foster the human-animal bond by protecting the safety and welfare of Denver's animals and citizens. DAP is committed to providing humane care to companion animals; reuniting lost pets with their owners; adopting pets to loving homes; enforcing Denver County animal ordinances; and proactively educating the public about animals, their needs, and DAP's critical role as a community resource.
Denver Animal Protection (DAP) is seeking to fill a Customer Care Operations Assistant to perform specialized and/or technical office support work, including license and restricted breed compliance and building and maintaining collaborative partnerships.
- Manage compliance notifications to pet owners
- Maintain timely and accurate records and files according to established procedures
- Track and report compliance data
- Serve as the agency compliance coordinator; develop educational and marketing materials, train and assign volunteers to hold educational booths at local events
- Assist Customer Care manager with compliance program management, development, and oversight.
- Ensure compliance by working directly with pet licensing contractor regarding billing and all other aspects of contract and reporting functions
- Facilitate and maintain rabies, spay and neuter and restricted breed permit compliance schedule with veterinarian offices and other animal welfare agencies
- Manage supporting volunteer positions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Support front counter team by performing client services when needed
Our ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Associates Degree or higher
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (speak, write and read)
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, and through written and email correspondence
- Self- starter, ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Comfortable working in an animal shelter environment under occasionally tense and/or stressful conditions
- Ability to work off-hour shifts when required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of other databases, such as Chameleon and Salesforce
- Excellent customer service skills including verbal and written communication
- Prior experience in animal handling and care
We realize that your time is valuable, so please only apply if you possess at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of clerical experience at the type and level of an Administrative Support Assistant IV.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of the minimum experience requirement. Which doesn't allow for substitution for 1 of the 3 years.
- Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
CA0653 Operations Assistant
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$19.25 - $28.11
Based on education and experience
Dept of Public Health & Environment
Microsoft Office 2010 Fundamentals
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.