Yard Jockey-Weeknights - #19503790
Utz Quality Foods is looking to grow our loyal, career driven, and customer focused team, and are currently recruiting for a Yard Jockey to join our team of manufacturing professionals in Hanover, PA on Third Shift.
As a Yard Jockey this candidate will be responsible to provide shipping personnel with empty trailers for daily outbound deliveries and provides interplant transfers as required. This position works Sunday-Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 7:00PM-6:00AM.
- Daily yard check.
- Communicate with supervisor, lead and other jockeys regarding needed trailer moves, product transfers, material transfers and pickups for all plants.
- Accurate and complete Yard Management data entry.
- Keep barrel trailers inventoried and in docks as needed for production.
- Various cardboard and return load shuttling to plants as necessary.
- Manage all inbound and outbound trailer moves needed for Shipping.
- Work in accordance with all CDL A, DOT, HOS and Safety requirements.
- Loading or unloading product and returns as needed.
- CDL Class A License required.
- Report all unsafe equipment and practices to supervisor immediately.
- Adhere to all Food Safety Procedures.
- Scheduled hours are subject to change based on seasonality and business needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Requires working proactively in a cross-functional team with diverse groups of people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Requires math and reading skills.
- Requires a Class A Commercial Driver's License.
- Able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification.
- Ability to work proactively in a cross-functional team with diverse groups of people