Freight Forwarder, Air Export - #19503799
DSV Road Transport
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
The primary duty of an Air Export Agent is to review and process air export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Serves as the primary contact for all parties concerning assigned account contracts. Performs all duties correctly, cost-efficiently, and according to Company standards, using the regular exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties, and monitor quality of service produced by the team. Establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent client's export processes.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company's system, and obtaining consular releases and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal Regulations.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use, and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client and any government agency, and other correspondence.
- Communicate changes of U.S. and foreign shipping regulations and procedures to client.
- Communicate with client, co-workers and third parties in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner by monitoring team performance against Company and client standards. Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the export process.
- Adhere to all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Maintain excellent vendor relations.
- Financial reporting, including month-end closing.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and guidelines, such as the Code of Conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendance requirements.
Job Skills and Specifications
- Experience with CargoWise a definite plus.
- 2 - 3 years of Air Export experience, also a plus.
- Past customer service experience is required, as work entails extensive phone contact with carriers and other parties concerning the air export process.
- Very good written communication skills to compose complex letters regarding export problems and proposed resolutions. Must have the ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports.
- The ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents or reports containing data from several sources.
- Excellent analytical skills to recognize, prevent and resolve problem situations. Math skills to be able to provide timely estimates to customers, along with knowledge of formulas with regard to converting both currency and dimensions.
- The ability to analyze complex details to resolve complex shipping issues for the client.
- The ability to use Company-standard software for word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel) etc. in order to generate reports, charts and graphs as applicable.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 55,000 employees in more than 80 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we'll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career.
Read more at www.dsv.com