Automatic Drilling Machine Operator - #19503811
ITW Shakeproof Industrial serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with metal fasteners totaling approximately $60M in revenues. Units include: Watertown, WI; Iron Ridge, WI; Milwaukee, WI; and Broadview, IL.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry-leading research and development capabilities, ITW Shakeproof Industrial enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in WI & IL.
- Exchanging product, process and bench marking information with sister units.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Set up and operate automatic machines to produce high quality fasteners while meeting on-time delivery, productivity, safety, quality, and housekeeping metrics.
1. Operate automatic machines as required.
2. Perform daily maintenance on automatic machines.
3. Set-up automatic machines per drawings and specifications.
4. Perform quality checks and document (where applicable), using simple gages, precision measuring devices and visual inspection.
5. Perform safety checks to ensure safety devices are on and in working order (guarding and all safety equipment). Use proper Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
6. Manually handle parts from work-in-process containers to shipping containers. Move containers as required using pallet jacks and fork trucks.
7. Prepare and maintain accurate records (route sheets and count sheets).
8. Clean equipment and keep work area neat and orderly.
9. Participate as a Trainer when necessary.
10. Cross train in all automatic machine operations and hand feed operation.
11. To work in any other area of the plant by the request of your supervisor.
Required Skill, Education and Experience
• Basic reading/writing/math skills
• Mechanical ability and knowledge of tools and machinery
• Ability to focus and prioritize task and objectives
• Good communication skills
• Ability to lift/pull up to forty (40) pound
• Knowledge of use of measuring devices, blueprints and drawings preferred
Knowledge of set-up and operation of thread rollers preferred
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.