Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System Lead Strengthening and Conditioning Coach (SCC) - San Diego, CA - #19503825
The Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System is the Army's primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease.
In this role, you will:
- Management and Oversight: Provide management, direction, administration, quality assurance, and leadership for the execution contract services at the assigned location. The Lead SCC will serve as the primary point of contact and provide overall leadership and guidance for all personnel, including assigning tasks to personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, managing overall performance at the assigned location. Responsible for the quality and efficiency of the contract site, to include service delivery, technical matters, and business processes.
- Performance Team Support: Serve Lead SCC and principle advisor to the Brigade Program Director on physical performance optimization. Ensure and engage in the administration of effective strength and conditioning training programs designed to maximize the physical performance and reduce the risk of musculoskeletal injuries of Brigade personnel. Develop and maintain favorable lines of communication within the assigned Brigade and Battalion leadership and participate in associated training and other meetings.
- Travel: Travel may be required in order to accomplish mission goals to include evenings and weekends with the ability to use all modes of transportation. This position requires access to US Government facilities and systems. US Citizenship, a valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable transportation to travel to assigned locations and nearby facilities is required.
- Work Conditions: Flexibility to work non-standard hours as needed in order to properly serve and assist clients. Work is generally performed austere environment and terrain (outdoors, ranges, field training environments) where there is may be exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions; Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and weight plates up to 45 pounds.
To be successful in this roll, you will have:
- A master's degree, at a minimum, from an accredited university or college in exercise science, health science, or physical education-related discipline.
- A passing score from the Board of Certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA).
- Minimum of three years of experience managing, staffing, overseeing, and completing large government projects of geographically dispersed locations (50 plus personnel).
- Minimum of three years of experience working with a military or DoD organization(s).
- Minimum of two years of relevant strengthening and conditioning coach work experience within the last five years.
- Minimum of two years of experience developing and executing functional injury control and health/well-being programs focused on a common sport or mission performance goal.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Knowledge of military lifestyle through personal and/or professional experience - in depth understanding about the military culture and the command structure.
- Military leadership experience is a plus.
- Articulates understanding of basic evaluation techniques and use of customer feedback to improve overall program effectiveness/impact.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities, illustrates attention to detail, and shows evidence of being conscientious regarding deadlines.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with remotely located team members.
Work Location: Multiple Locations
If you are interested in supporting and working with our military and a passionate Serco team- then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose of responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.