Senior Product Designer - #19503834
CGI Group Inc.
CGI is currently looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. Our Human Centered Design Practice is at the forefront in creating engaging user experiences that transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy to use interactions. We take great pride in hiring, training and developing talented employees who work collaboratively in long term partnerships with our customers.
Apply Human Centered Design methods on projects to understand, clarify, and visualize key information including: information structures, business processes, stakeholder relationships, mental models, user journeys, and key challenges and opportunities.
- Craft and lead collaborative workshops to elicit input and direction, guide the conversation, and actively engage participants, working visually in real-time to express concepts and facilitate discussion.
- Work closely with clients, users and team members to create compelling and cohesive user interface designs, as well as unified deliverables that adeptly tell the design story relative to the target audience.
- Participate in the design, execution and analysis of user research
- Confidently and professionally provide design leadership and guidance as a mentor within the Digital Transformation design team, and across project teams as the "expert."
- Work collaboratively with other designers, developers, solution architects, and project managers throughout the software build process, resolving problems that arise by proposing and articulating design solutions, creating image assets, and defining specifications.
A current online portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles and interactive experiences, showcasing your ability to apply human-centered design to a variety of challenges. Please provide a link to your portfolio in your application. Be prepared to guide a discussion through your approach to projects, design process, storytelling and your ability to bring ideas and concepts to life.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or relevant discipline. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience working on consulting engagements
- Expertise in the use of typography, layout, and color in visual communication
- Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Sketch and InVision, but adept with a marker and a whiteboard
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to move projects forward and be proactive
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, and to accommodate some amount of travel under tight timeframes
- Familiarity with Agile and how design engages with Agile development teams
- You're comfortable working independently yet prefer working in interdisciplinary teams to solve complex problems, and have demonstrated experience partnering across teams to deliver high quality work.
- You're a clear and articulate communicator who can seamlessly convey ideas, define requirements, and challenge assumptions to advocate for users while respecting others' points of view.
- You put people first in order to define how software fits into our lives, showing great empathy and consideration your audience in everything you do.
- You have a grasp of current trends, including the process of rapid prototyping and designing modular component/pattern-based systems.
- You understand the fundamentals of front-end development and product management and how they intersect with design.
- You're nimble and thrive in a feedback cycle measured in hours rather than weeks.
- You have a "get it done" attitude and a proven background of delivering exceptional work again and again.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.