Americas Leadership Communications Manager - #19503866
Ernst & Young LLP
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY's growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and you will directly support and promote our brand and reputation. Through internal communications, public relations and corporate communications, you'll provide a wide range of marketing and communications services to internal and external audiences. These include current and future clients, our current and future employees, alumni, regulators, the media and the communities within which we operate.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
You'll have the opportunity to work with the Leadership Communications team to support the Americas Chair and members of the Americas Executive team in executing strategic communication efforts used to inform and motivate internal and external audiences.
Your key responsibilities
You'll be expected to create and implement a broad range of communication deliverables across multiple channels, manage deliverable timelines, innovate existing programs and processes, and measure effort success. You will collaborate across the Leadership Communications team to develop project plans designed to effectively communicate strategic objectives and initiatives, while also managing associated tasks and deliverables.
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to create and develop content and manage scope and schedule for moderate to complex communications projects for internal and external audiences
- Adept at developing strategic, targeted and impactful communications that will cover a broad spectrum, ranging from executive communications, to firmwide initiatives, as well as crisis communications and public relations focused materials, all aimed at strengthening our firm culture for leadership to inform, inspire and motivate various internal and external audiences
- Ability to draft, obtain approval, and execute messaging through a variety of channels, including webcasts, podcasts, videos, social media, organic media, external leadership events, firmwide meetings, presentations, emails, intranet content and thought leadership
- Able to serve as a consultant to Americas leadership to communicate key objectives, convey complex messages and drive change management initiatives ensuring communications remain focused and relevant to the firm's overarching strategy and voice, and that key messages are consistent and effective across internal and external channels
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms as well as public relations experience along with the ability to possibly develop and cultivate relationships with media outlets and journalists
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Minimum of 10-12 plus years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience, preferably within Communications, Business or related major
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills, including the development of junior staff
- Strong project management experience
- Broad familiarity with business and legislative trends, including but not limited to those relevant to professional services firms
- Basic understanding of change management philosophies to help position communications appropriately
- Prior experience in professional services (including as a client-serving professional) highly desirable
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to present complex ideas and anticipate potential objections by leveraging experience, insight, and creativity to influence others to consider innovative solutions to challenges
- Skilled at anticipating and communicating ramifications of decisions and issues and able to present alternatives when obstacles and objectives arise to project stakeholders
- Poise and confidence to professionally interact, cultivate and maintain strong relationships and manage expectations with internal project stakeholders and leadership at all levels of the firm
- Posses relevant market insight respective to functional practice/internal clients
- Exudes strong comfort level working across service lines, industries and their respective functional practice/internal client groups
- Able to leverage available tools and technology to measure impact of communications initiatives by analyzing measurement data to effectively advise leadership and ensure communications strategy evolves as needed
What we look for
We are looking for individuals that have a strong business acumen and personal leadership. Innovative, creative thinkers who are strategic, collaborative and consultative and who can bring a fresh perspective will thrive in this environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off with additional time based on your level and years of service plus 12 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.