Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse RN - #19503870
Sava Senior Care
Evaluates quality of resident care and resident outcomes as they relate to healthcare associated infections. Collects, prepares and analyzes healthcare associated infection data. Presents infection data and makes recommendations for actions. Monitors employee compliance with the use of barriers, standard precautions, transmission-based precautions, and infection prevention measures. Prepares and presents educational offerings for staff regarding infection prevention and control. Serves as a resource to all departments and personnel regarding infection control and prevention. Implements programs to protect the healthcare workers, visitors, and others in the healthcare environment. Serves as a member of the Antibiotic Stewardship Program Committee and Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Committee. Provides internal and external reporting of information and data. Promotes compliance with regulations, guidelines, and accreditation requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs on-going monitoring of healthcare associated infections.
- Assesses infection prevention areas for improvement and makes recommendations for corrective action
- Prepares infection prevention summary reports for the QAPI Committee.
- Monitors or oversees infection prevention practices and employee compliance for all departments and personnel.
- Serves as an educational resource for all departments and personnel
- Provides infection surveillance data reporting to the Antibiotic Stewardship Program Committee routinely.
- Conducts outbreak investigation and initiates control measures
- Reports communicable diseases to the local, state and federal agencies as required by law.
- Provides educational offerings for orientation and ongoing training needs
- Consults with center leadership and physicians as needed to improve infection prevention and control practices
- Initiates follow-up on employee/resident exposures to communicable diseases
- Participates in performance improvement activities
- Interacts with occupational health on issues related to exposures to communicable diseases and to bloodborne exposures.
- Leads short and long-term planning for the infection prevention department
- Participates in the completion of annual and periodic updates/changes to the Facility Assessment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Holds a current state license as a registered nurse.
- CDC certification in infection prevention is required. Candidate will be given three (3) months to complete such certification if he/she does not currently hold it.
- Associate-Infection Prevention and Control) a –IPC certification is required. Candidate will be eligible after the first six (6) months of employment and the certification must be completed within one (1) year.
- Ability to teach and evaluate clinical performance as it relates to infection prevention and control.
- Solid communication skills.
- Computer skills required for the position (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Assists the DON in the supervision of nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.