LensCrafters - Lead Lab Technician - #19503877
The Luxottica Group
Requisition ID: 278924
Store #: 000064 LensCrafters
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 1,000+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our love of eyes and higher standard of quality have made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 35 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you'll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you'll be helping people look and see their best.
The Lead Lab Technician creates exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering the LensCrafter Experience. Ensures customers are always delighted by manufacturing eyewear in accordance with LensCrafters Quality Manufacturing Program. Supports a safe, supportive and motivating work environment which encourages superior customer service, innovation, teamwork and commitment.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Remains actively involved in key store leadership meetings and coaching lab associates through the Quality Manufacturing Process to deliver results.
- Sets standards of performance while demanding the highest possible quality through continuous improvement efforts.
- Delivers key lab CEIs through speed and reliability of service.
- Fosters collaboration and teamwork, builds trust and encourage commitment to organizational goals.
- Assist Store Management in recruiting and developing high performing, high potential associates.
- Takes immediate and independent action when needed; suggests improvements; recommends solution to problems; does what is necessary without being prompted or reminded.
- Produces quality eyewear through utilizing the Quality Manufacturing Program: selecting lenses, marking, taping, blocking, generating, fining and polishing, coating polycarbonate lenses, first (surface) inspecting, finish layout and blocking, edging, tinting, UV and anti-reflective coating, grooving, drop-ball testing, safety monogramming, mounting and final inspecting.
- Responsible for basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment using established QMP maintenance procedures and calendars. Diagnose and solve equipment issues.
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through the completion of the Quality Manufacturing Program and continually applies that knowledge in the production of all eyewear.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and thoroughness despite time pressures and customer volume.
- Utilizes product knowledge to determine the best manufacturing process for both routine and special orders to ensure the production of top quality eyewear in accordance within expected delivery time.
- Is attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
- Takes the initiative to notice and follow up on discrepancies; suggests improvements’ recommends solutions and does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reviews Accufit and diagnoses vision care needs.
- Operates Point of Sale, inputting all lab statistics with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and shows initiative in keeping the lab and stock room clean, organized and safe.
- Complies with all safety/regulatory requirements ensuring supplies/chemicals are stored and used per chemical safety program. Keeps management informed of potential safety opportunities.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Strong customer service skills (internal and external)
- Strong communicator and listener
- Basic math skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of store merchandise
- State licensure (if applicable) and/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- LensCrafters Final Inspector Certification
- LensCrafters Quality, Fitting and Adjusting Program
- Previous experience in optical
- Experience with machinery
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 or e-mail HRCompliance@luxotticaretail.com (be sure to provide your name and contact information for either option so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.