Operations Accountant - #19503879
Kliklok-Woodman, a subsidiary of Syntegon Technology (previously Bosch Packaging Technology) with its global headquarters based near Stuttgart, Germany. Syntegon Technology employs approximately 6,500 associates at 30 plus worldwide locations. Syntegon designs, develops and produces hi-tech packaging solutions (machines, systems, and after sales service) for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Position Summary: The Operations Accountant will perform day to day cost accounting management and will work closely to the Financial Controller on providing financial assistance on accounting procedures, ensuring financial transactions are performed in compliance with company policies and providing accurate and correct information for decision making processes.
Basic Function Objectives Include:
- Perform day to day costing management.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial / costing reports and statements.
- Ensure proper accounts reconciliation of several accounts of the balance sheet
- Develop solutions to resolve accounting discrepancies and other costing issues.
- Work closely to the Purchasing and Manufacturing/Assembly to ensure proper costing procedures.
- Provide reports and analysis with focus on cost improvement measures.
- Analyze financial information to prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Support the accounting area in the Planning and Forecasting processes
- Act as a business partner to the organization.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities Include:
- Standard costing maintenance and updates (including yearly/going to cost update)
- Cost variances reporting and analysis (specially Shop floor variances and Purchase Price Variances)
- Utilization / Productivity reporting and analysis
- Production cost centers tracking with the responsible from each areas
- Inventory reconciliation (WIP, finished goods, R&D projects, Raw materials etc...)
- Maintain and review the general ledger and reconcile balance sheets
- Project Controlling / Cost tracking of customer projects
- Material cost reporting
- Cost of goods sold reporting and analysis
- Standard machine costing
- Prepare monthly and quarterly costing reports
- Quality Cost report and analysis (scrap, rework, etc...)
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Must have at least 5+ years manufacturing accounting experience
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience with standard costing
- Must possess a minimum of 3+ years of experience and competence in Excel and SAP (modules CO, FI, PS, GL)
- A Masters degree or MBA preferred
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Creativity and ability to implement changes
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of finance and controlling, analytics, business intelligence, (MS Power Bi) data visualization tools
- Being data driven is a differential
Syntegon Technology is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
NOTE: All official Syntegon job postings can be found at www.syntegon.com. Successful candidates asked to participate in the hiring process should expect to speak to the hiring team by telephone and in person at one of our Syntegon office locations (Decatur, Oldsmar, Raleigh, New Richmond, Minneapolis and Allendale) prior to the job offer.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.