Cashier - Seasonal Job - #19503881
BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Cashier - Seasonal
As innovators in the retail space, BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States.
With over 200 clubs in 17 different states, you have the opportunity to be a part of a Fortune 500 company. Become an integral part of the BJ's Wholesale Club team, where as an essential retailer in our communities we save our customers up to 25% off grocery retail prices.
Join our seasonal team where not only you can positively impact our customers during the holiday season, but earn additional wages, make strong inter-personal, and have the opportunity to secure permanent employment.
BJ's Seasonal Team Members love…
- Competitive salary and "Pay for Experience" compensation model
- Flexible scheduling
- On the job training
As a seasonal cashier you will operate in a fast-paced work environment, where you will process purchases while providing an excellent customer service experience to our members.
You would be an excellent fit for this opportunity if you….
- Have prior experience in customer service or operating a point of sales system
- Enjoy working collaboratively and are committed to provided great service for our customers
During your day you will….
- Educate our customers on perks of membership upgrades and renewals including our My BJ's Perks program
- Appropriate process purchases through a point of sales system ad collect payments via cash, check or other charge payments
- Maintain the cleanliness of the frontline area by assisting in general store housekeeping
- Manage self-checkout and assist members with operations/ technical difficulties
- Preform other duties as assigned, including working on other departments as needed
- At least 16 years of age
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about non hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, which can require bending, handling, pulling, reaching, pushing and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers. There may be frequent exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia