Treasury Analyst I - Cash Management - #19503890
Black Hills Corporation
Responsible for ensuring daily cash processing meets needs of the Company with accuracy and timeliness. Other responsibilities include update short-term cash forecast continually improve accuracy and help forecast short-term debt borrowing needs for Company, responding to inquiries from internal stakeholders, preparing monthly journal entries and reports for Accounting team, administering bank accounts, researching payment issues and ensuring SOX and other internal controls are followed.
SALARY RANGE: $44,500 - $66,800 (Determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Treasury Manager, Cash Management
LOCATION: Our Corporate Headquarters in Rapid City, South Dakota
- You'll find this is the ideal community to live, work and do business in. With hiking trails, the Black Hills, Mount Rushmore and Badlands National Park in your backyard, there are endless opportunities to enjoy nature. To learn more about our locations, please visit the locations page on our career website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage daily cash position using the Treasury Workstation, balancing cash inflows and outflows, processing cash transfers and presenting cash position to debt team and end users.
- Assist with preparation of daily/weekly/quarterly/yearly cash flow forecast. Update forecast regularly as cash needs vary. Understand the drivers of cash and source of data used in forecast.
- Assist with management of bank account administration including opening, closing, amending and maintenance of all bank accounts. Open/close bank accounts. Maintain user access management for online banking services.
- Perform month end/quarter end duties for cash including preparation of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations. Perform analysis and check that results and meet expectations.
- Manage positive pay inquiries, notice of change, and various other bank notifications. Reach out to other departments respectively to resolve these items.
- Liaison for cash transfer needs, check/ACH/wire inquiries and bank account information for payment/receipt of cash from outside departments.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements respective to cash and Treasury operations. Assist with documentation of all processes should be consistently updated to reflect the most recent process.
- Cross-train to back up in other areas of Treasury.
- Identify opportunities for continues improvement resulting in a process or task completed with the highest quality outcome.
- Participate in assigned projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of prior experience in an accounting/treasury related field is required.
- Basic Understanding how operational and financial decisions impact the financial statements, including impacts to rate making model, GAAP, FERC, SEC reporting and internal controls. Understands risk factors and mitigation of risk.
- Demonstrates a basic ability to collect, analyze, model and interpret information to evaluate accuracy of expected results, articulate the financial implications and enable informed decision making that considers impacts across the company.
- Understands data, data mining tools (ie: Excel, Essbase, etc.) and system interfaces and applies technology solutions to job responsibilities. Leverages data mining tools and techniques to effectively organize information and explain performance.
- Establishes and promotes strategic and innovative thinking to achieve common goals as a team. Possesses honesty, integrity and empathy. Demonstrates active listening skills to successfully manage, mentor, empower, inspire and influence others.
- Possesses the ability to identify the problem and analyze potential solutions. Assesses risk and uses judgment when implementing change with clear understanding of cross-functional implications. Maintains a mind-set of continuous improvement.
- Basic understanding of the energy industry, regulated utility model and publicly traded business models. Applies functional, operational and technical knowledge and skill sets (including FERC, GAAP, and SEC guidance) to drive financial results.
- Seeks to understand, anticipate, and address needs through responsive and quality interactions while balancing the needs with the broader organizational goals. Establishes and maintains effective trusting and respectful relationships.
- Anticipates and recognizes a changing environment and adapts in a responsive and effective way. Possesses strong drive to learn continuously and quickly, strong collaboration skills, resilience in the face of setbacks and is open to new ideas.
- Demonstrates concise and clear written and verbal communication skills with the ability to actively listen, adapt messaging based on audience, influence and effectively articulates thoughts to internal and external stakeholders.
MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mental Requirements: Ability to understand, remember, apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, and communicate routine factual information. Ability to apply common sense in performing job functions, usually within a set of rules or guidelines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously (67% or more) required to: use fingers and hands, communicate, and have close visual acuity. Employee is frequently (34-66%) required to: ascend/descend stairs, position self to access lower items, and move about the office. The employee may occasionally (less than 33%) be required to: climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach. Employee must be able to operate routine office equipment including computers and similar equipment. Must be able to routinely perform this work for an average of 6-8 hours per day and occasional extended hours as necessary. Must be capable of regular, reliable, and timely attendance.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or continuously to lift, carry, push, pull or sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work environment: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level. Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.
About our Company: We are a customer focused, growth-oriented utility company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2900 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas).
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, additional Veteran PTO, military leave differential pay, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, health and wellness program, and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Black Hills Corporation does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Black Hills Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran.