Machinist (464 Metal Forming/Machining Cell) Mon-Thu 5am-3:30pm Shift - #19503909
SC Electric Company
In this job you will form various gauges and types of steel on both mechanical and hydraulic press brakes. You will be working in a production environment where all jobs have a measured standard production rate and you will be held accountable for the quality of your work. Duration of set-ups varies from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours. Once set-up, a job will run from 30 minutes to 5 hours. Most tasks require good hand/eye coordination and a full range of motion of both hands and arms on a regular and repetitive basis.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Forming parts of high quality by reading and interpreting complex blueprints.
- Use of simple material handling equipment and overhead cranes to handle dies ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 1500 lbs.
- Use of simple material handling equipment and overhead cranes to handle sheet-metal stock ranging from 30 lbs. to 150 lbs.
- Inspecting parts using various measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers and scales.
- Using programming language to manipulate back gauge into proper position.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Ability to use complex shop math, including calculating bend allowances.
- Ability to read complex blueprints and specifications.
- Demonstrated ability using measuring equipment such as micrometers and dial calipers.
- Understanding of CNC controls and programming language.
Relevant Work Experience:
One year experience with the set-up and operation of mechanical and/or hydraulic press brake machines.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.
- Lifting: Frequent lifting of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Walking: Occasional walking moderate distances (less than 1/8 mile).
- Carrying: Frequent carrying of items ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 25 lbs.
- Pushing: Occasional use of electric hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Pulling: Occasional use of electric hand truck to move parts a moderate distance.
- Bending: Frequent bending and crouching required to perform a variety of tasks.
- Reaching: Continuous full range of motion from above the shoulders to below the knees.
- Handling: Continuous handling of parts ranging in weight from 5 lbs. to 50 lbs., along with a variety of hand-tools.
- Environment: Most tasks are performed in a standing position with intermittent walking.