Modern Endpoint Management Engineer - #19503917
The Travelers Companies
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position can be filled remotely. The Travelers Collaboration and Workspace Engineering team is seeking a Consulting Technology Engineer to join our team. This role will support the Travelers mission-critical client software delivery and management platforms including: Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Microsoft Intune platforms, and other strategic initiatives including but not limited to M365, Mobile Asset Management and conference room technology.
Under limited supervision, demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of technology resources for assigned projects and functions. May direct assigned project staff to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Facilitates and/or participates in the design and development of database systems. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops tactics and operational plans in alignment with strategic objectives for assigned technologies and projects.
- Drives the execution of departmental and corporate programs.
- Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
- Deploy Intune for modern management of endpoints and applications
- Configure Intune in support of M365 initiatives and Windows Defender
- Evaluate additional Intune services (e.g. MDM/MAM, etc.)
- Platform hardware/software upgrades to support currency, patching, application delivery, etc.
- Develop software and automation within SCCM and Intune to increase efficiencies and decrease delivery time
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes according to business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Seen as a technical expert within service delivery organization (SDO) and consults across SDOs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
- Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Seven years of experience in Technology preferred.
- Two years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Expert knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
Candidates should have expert knowledge in Microsoft SCCM, Intune, M365, as well as Microsoft operating systems. Experience with other MDM/MAM solutions, such as Airwatch/Workspace One would be highly desirable
The ideal candidate would also have scripting experience in PowerShell
This position requires a candidate to have excellent verbal and written communication skills that can work closely with both technical and management teams across the Enterprise
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (Frequency)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequency)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.