Software Engineer - Camera - #19503918
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age and this is where you come in.
The camera software team is looking for talented software engineers experienced in development of software for mobile and devices. The camera software team is responsible for delivering the camera drivers, HAL and post processing features for Snapdragon chipsets, providing best in class performance, power and image quality. This role will involve working at all layers of the camera software stack, from Android Camera HAL and/or Windows AVS/KMD/MFT Camera implementation to low level hardware control. Responsibilities will include the design and development of new features, support for new hardware, debugging of issues within the software, optimizing software for performance and power, development of unit tests and working with our partners and OEMs. The successful candidate will be exposed to 3A (auto exposure, auto focus and auto white balance), image signal processors, camera sensors, as well as integration with other technologies including motion sensors, video encoders, DSPs, GPU and display.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Required Competencies(All competencies are required upon entry)
- Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in simple to moderately complex data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
- Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
- Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
- Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
- Getting Work Done - The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
- Software Engineering - Knowledge of the overall process for developing new software. This includes knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of software engineering and other functions, major phases, checkpoints and deliverables. This also includes the ability to identify common issues and considerations for bringing a new product to the marketplace.
- Technical Troubleshooting - Knowledge of systematic approaches to solving common technical problems (e.g., hardware, software, application, operational). This includes the ability to identify problems and report and escalate problems according to established procedures. This also includes the ability to identify available resources for troubleshooting.
- Time Management - The ability to quickly prioritize mission-critical from less important or trivial work activities. This includes sensing what the next most useful thing is to work on, and focusing on the critical few tasks that add value while putting aside or delaying the rest.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Software development for mobile or platforms
- Programming skills in C and C++
- Object Oriented Programming
- Multi-threaded programming experience
- History of development of Android HAL and/or Windows components
- Linux and/or Windows kernel and user space development experience
- Working experience in board bring up and analyzing crash dumps.
- Working experience in Windows and Android debuggers ( KD, WinDBG, GDB) and other performance tools
- Working knowledge of processor architecture & micro-architecture, including familiarity with caches, MMUs & interrupt handling (ARM preferred)
- Familiarity with JTAG and ETM based debug environments (Lauterbach/Trace-32)
- Knowledge on Windows and/or Android OS Internals & Driver Framework Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG-debuggers
- Experienced in development of driver and frameworks for multimedia systems including camera, audio, video, display and graphics
- Interest and experience with camera components such as 3A, ISP and camera sensors
- Interest in photography and image processing
- Demonstrated self-driven engineer willing to take initiative and operate with minimum guidance
- Demonstrated abilities to design extensible software to support evolving requirements
- Ability to learn quickly, work hard and have fun.
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm's toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.